Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beep sound during calls on iPhone 6

When I picked up my iPhone 6 on Friday, during the first call I made it kept making a beeping noise which cut the person's voice out. I thought I was getting a call but I wasn't. I went back into the store and waited for a genious who ran a diagnostic and said the phone was fine. Then he reset the network settings and had me make a call. I did and talked for a bit and there was no beep. I left happy thinking it was solved. But today, it started beeping again. I have made a genious bar appointment. I don't know what else to do. Anyone having this problem?

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 11:32 AM

I too have been plagued by this ANNOYING beep on BOTH iPhone 5 & 6! Apple even replaced my iPhone 5 with no change! I figured with iOS 8 and an iPhone 6 this would surely stop the beeping.......well I am sad to say it has NOT! It seems as though this is growing and continuing to plague many users out there and will probably just continue to grow.........UNLESS every single iPhone user that experiences this issue takes their devices to Apple or their provider and complains. We all need to keep pushing for this issue to be fixed! There are millions of iPhone users out there so we need everyone to stand up to Apple and demand this be addressed! Please people leave feedback here so Apple will notice o:-)

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2014 11:32 AM in response to teach5

I too have been plagued by this ANNOYING beep on BOTH iPhone 5 & 6! Apple even replaced my iPhone 5 with no change! I figured with iOS 8 and an iPhone 6 this would surely stop the beeping.......well I am sad to say it has NOT! It seems as though this is growing and continuing to plague many users out there and will probably just continue to grow.........UNLESS every single iPhone user that experiences this issue takes their devices to Apple or their provider and complains. We all need to keep pushing for this issue to be fixed! There are millions of iPhone users out there so we need everyone to stand up to Apple and demand this be addressed! Please people leave feedback here so Apple will notice o:-)

May 11, 2015 9:30 AM in response to teach5

I had this same problem on my iPhone 6. There would be random, loud beeps multiple times during a call, but the person on the other line could not hear them, just me.

I took mine to an Apple retail store, and they replaced it within 5 minutes. I have not had a problem since. They concluded that it wasn't a carrier problem or a backup problem (because the same thing never happened previously with my iPhone 5). There was just a problem with the iPhone itself.

Jun 6, 2015 7:49 PM in response to teach5

I have had the same problem with my iPhone6 since I purchased it two weeks ago. I took it to an Apple store where they ran a diagnostic, replace the receiver and in the end ended up replacing the phone because neither fixed the problem. New phone still has beeping. I've talked with both Apple and Verizon and neither has a clue. Help!!!

Nov 20, 2015 7:24 AM in response to teach5

I'm having this same problem with my iPhone 6. When making a FaceTime audio call to my mother's iPad, about 1 minute into the call I hear a very loud beep or screeching noise and the audio dies on me. I can't hear anything, but my mum can still hear me speaking. It happens every time I make audio calls with FaceTime, but doesn't happen if I enable video. I haven't had the same problem with normal phone calls.

The issue started a few months ago, when I updated to iOS 9. It's very annoying since I live abroad and FaceTime is the only way to easily keep in touch with my family. 😟

Nov 26, 2015 5:14 PM in response to teach5

Same issue here as well. I only use FaceTime audio to call one of my friends (nobody else will admit to how much better the call quality is), and the only time I run into this issue is when I call him while he is in his car (BMW 3 series). If either of us try to FaceTime audio call over the bluetooth in his car I will hear loud chirping noises and usually will cut out after a few seconds. We found a way around this using his watch. He has an Apple Watch and if he makes the call from his watch, it will automatically switch over to the bluetooth in the car after a second, and audio quality is fine then. Funny thing is; right now he has a loaner from the dealer and the watch trick doesn't work in that car. We had always made FaceTime audio calls in the past without issue, but this started happening ever since I updated to iOS 9. We are both using iPhone 6's currently running iOS 9.1 with AT&T. I hope this helps. I like using FaceTime audio; regular phone quality *****.

Beep sound during calls on iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.