Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2014 honda crv and iphone 6

I have a 2014 honda crv and I just got a iphone 6 plus and I'm having issues with the bluetooth.

My previous phone was a note 3 and I never had issues with it when it came to my car's bluetooth.

Before with my old phone if I got into the car it would automatically start playing music off my phone's bluetooth whether the the music app was used recently or not and it would just find the app I used most and just played the station I used most without me taking the phone out of my pocket. But with the iphone 6 I have to go into the phone and find the app and then find the station I want and start it up every time I get into the car unless the app was played recently then it plays it automatically. I find this to be annoying and I was hoping maybe there might be a solution to this?

Another Problem I am having is if I activate siri the phone would just auto dial my own number for no reason. So its almost impossible to use siri while connected to the car's bluetooth. This problem is much more annoying than the first.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 12:03 AM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2015 2:43 PM in response to luckyninja

I was having the same problem. What you have to do is go to add a new phone and select that. You can use the same name as the previous phone (mine was a 4S). Both receives and makes calls fine. No problem with iPhone 6 or Honda bluetooth software. It's sort of like when they change the security code for the WiFi in my coffee shop and my iPhone tries to connect to the named network. The iPhone has stored the old security code and keeps trying that and fails. I have to delete the WiFi name from my list of recognized networks and then search again and enter the new security code.

Hope you have the same success I did. I'm not certain, but the name the Honda identifies with the phone may be dictated by the iPhone. I did't try to change it.

David

2014 honda crv and iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.