Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari landscape bookmark

I am using the iPhone 6. When using Safari and I turn the phone to landscape orientation, the left half of the screen shows my bookmarks. There doesn't seem to be any way to close this panel. Is there a setting to close this bookmark panel and stop it appearing?

iPhone 6, iOS 8, 128GB

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 11:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 6:16 PM

Apparently there is a "Star" button on the left of the URL address on the iPhone 6 Plus that can be used to turn off the Bookmarks panel. However there is no such button on the iPhone 6!

24 replies

Apr 27, 2015 10:29 PM in response to kheah78

FINALLY I figured this out, since I got my iPhone 6+ 128 GB (and this should also be true for iPhone 6 users), when I have been turning my phone horizontal (landscape mode) it would fill up HALF THE SCREEN with the bookmarks, favorites, blah blah, and no matter what I did in settings or trying to edit it was still there. I JUST GOT RID OF IT!!! Lemee know if this helps for iPhone 6 users, but for 6+ when you turn your phone horizontal in safari go to the top where the URL address is, and to the left up there (not in the favorite bookmark area) is an icon that looks like an open book. Just tap it and it gets rid of that f$&%in bookmark take up half your phone screen!

safari landscape bookmark

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.