Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call is not transferred to Sennheiser Bluetooth headset after auto-answer

I'm using a Sennheiser Presence bluetooth headset paired with my iPhone 5. After upgrading to iOS 8, auto-answer no longer works. Auto-answer is when the headset is paired but turned off, the phone rings, and the headset is turned on. It's supposed to answer the call, and transfer the call to the headset, but the last part doesn't happen. If I press the bluetooth icon on the iPhone (in the "call screen") it shows the call as being on the iPhone, and I can manually transfer the call to the headset, which works.

I've tried with a few other headsets we had lying around the office, and they all show the same behavior. This worked fine under iOS 7.x and earlier.

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 12:15 AM

2 replies

Sep 26, 2014 1:49 PM in response to bolind

Hi bolind,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I know issues like this can be very frustrating. There are some very specific troubleshooting steps that I would recommend for troubleshooting Bluetooth connectivity after updating to iOS 8. Please review the attached article for information and troubleshooting steps.

Get help connecting your iPhone or iPad to a Bluetooth accessory

Have a great day,

Joe

Mar 2, 2015 12:29 PM in response to bolind

I just ran into this problem too, in my case with an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.

I found a note in the Sennheiser Presence manual saying that if a call isn't automatically transferred to your headset by your phone you can press the multi-function button once on the headset to transfer it. I tried it and this work.

It's one extra step (my Sennheiser Presence would automatically transfer incoming calls from my older Android phone) but at least it's a workaround.

Regards,

Jeremy

Call is not transferred to Sennheiser Bluetooth headset after auto-answer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.