Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 copy paste issue

Hi,

I am using copy paste feature in textview in one the screens. In iOS 8, I am able to copy the text from UITextView but not able to paste anywhere in the app and also outside the app, say Safari, Notes etc.

I am not even getting the "Paste" option once copied.

Any suggestions?

iOS 8

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 6:32 AM

4 replies

Sep 27, 2014 11:10 AM in response to subamukund

Yep, copy and paste has gone totally screwy sinse installing iOS 8.

I can copy, but what is on the clipboard is something I copied 20 instances ago. I never know what is on the clipboard (until I paste it,) and it's hard to get something new on there, it's certainly not reliable.

I copy a dozen times and the new text copied never makes it to my clipboard, cause when I paste, I get something from days ago that was on the clipboard. How I hate new iOS releases, but I didn't suppose I could do worse than IOS 7.

It would be nice to post here my critique put to Facebook last night of iOS 7&8 that has made a return to iOS 6 highly desirable, but I cant now copy that post, and won't now re type it.

iOS 8 copy paste issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.