Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I report an Apple Support Community user?

Wanted to know where or how can I report a user that not only never replies with valid or helpful answers in a discussion but also always replies with answers that make people get mad and loose the objective of the actual forum, please let me know if someone knows where or how can this be done.

Thanks!

Forum

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 6:18 AM

92 replies

Oct 23, 2017 3:12 PM in response to DaveAI

FYI, no other user (higher ranked or not) has the ability to remove any post. The only people doing so are Apple employees or "hosts" (moderators/monitors) who run this site and enforce the ToU. The emails you have received are from the Apple host team, not another user. Other users do NOT have your email address (only Apple does) and do not have the capability of sending you an email. This was posted 3 years ago. Have you looked at the ToU (rules we all have to agree to when establishing an account)?

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-5952

And here are your choices for feedback (Apple has eliminated the one you are referring to):

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Oct 23, 2017 2:46 PM in response to Allan Jones

Is this option still available?

I don’t see it in the newer feedback link.

I’ve recently had a discussion derailed by a very rude and ranting higher ranked person who deletes my posts with nasty private messages that are only emailed to me.

I noticed that this was not unique to me... there is a vast history of abuse by this regular.

Thanks!

Oct 23, 2017 3:29 PM in response to babowa

Thanks for your knowlege.

So do you think the emails that I receive are also deleted on his/her end? Because when a comment is deleted, it comes with a nasty message that tends to match the other user, and these words aren’t posted to the actual forum.

Every other ranked volunteer is generally much more kind and understanding. Are the mods sending me these nasty messages??

And I know this is a very old post, but I wanted to know if the option still existed. Thanks for answering my question. Much appreciated.

Oct 23, 2017 3:40 PM in response to DaveAI

As I said, no other user has the capability or authority to send you an email or message. If the Apple hosts (mods) decide that a post needs to be removed, they remove it and send you an email explaining that you (for instance) violated the ToU or whatever; they also include a copy of your post. (A lot of us, including myself, have gotten one or more of those). You are the only one getting that email and it comes from Apple. The other user has no idea that you got an email; the only way for other users to find out anything is to look through the thread - if there is suddenly a post missing, then it was removed by Apple. Any related reply from someone else may also be removed as it would not make any sense without your post; however, that user does not get "the" email as their post is considered "collateral damage" so to speak.

And, just to be clear: there is nothing to delete on another user's "end". Why? Because most emails are simply notifications and the entire conversation is really only viewable within your browser on this site. For instance, I have all notifications turned off - I never get emails (except one telling me that my post was removed for a violation which doesn't happen very often because I've been here long enough to know what is considered acceptable or not).

Oct 23, 2017 4:04 PM in response to babowa

Thanks again. Upon reviewing my emails, I see that most likely a good number of his/her nasty responses were also deleted. However the few that had responses that were nasty and aggressive like said poster must be from a mod. Very enlightening.

I guess, in response to such emails, using all caps and lots of aggressive exclamation points comes off as aggressive and unwelcoming to those who didn't grow up with emails. Just a cordial FYI.

But thanks as always.

This forum is quite unique in its hard line stance and sometimes very aggressive stance against anything that falls out of the TOS. I’d advise a much calmer and empathetic response to those who are just seeking help and an ear to lean on when vast changes are made that effect a good chunk of the user base. As a new poster, I had zero expectations as such hostility.

Either way, thanks for further clearing things up to the rest of us who are new and might be scared away simply by posting their thoughts.

Oct 23, 2017 4:25 PM in response to babowa

Ok... I think I figured out the email responses that were offensive and cruel that didn’t show up in the forum. Apple doesn’t properly format quotes in emails. So it looks like a strange run on sentence when another user reports a person. Likely, the higher ranked user‘s posts were also deleted. Including the smug ones where he/she stated that my posts or others who were sympathetic would be deleted. Likely because he/she reported them and the mod saw that his/her responses were also out of the TOS. I’m gettin there in understanding this shocking ecosystem. 👍-1F3FB;

Thanks again. I’m beginning to comprehend the last few days.

Oct 23, 2017 5:29 PM in response to DaveAI

Hi DaveAI. One thing that may not have been mentioned. When a post is made to a thread you're "Following", an email is sent almost immediately with the content of that post. I suspect it's part of entering the post in the database. If the post is then edited by the poster, or by the hosts, the edited content appears in the thread, and no new email is sent. So you may receive emails of posts that appear different when you follow the link to the post. Sometimes the post is even removed (access denied), but you've already seen it. I suppose a "bleep" delay could be inserted, but that could slow down the conversation. Thus, someone could "send" you, and all the followers, an email by creating a post, then editing out the content, so the thread on record would not reflect the email content.

Oct 23, 2017 7:42 PM in response to DaveAI

Just an additional thought....

This forum is quite unique in its hard line stance and sometimes very aggressive stance against anything that falls out of the TOS

Personally, that is one of the major reasons why I prefer this site vs. others; it is unique in that it tries to foster questions/answers/advice/suggestions, but also tries to keep the conversation on track and of a technical nature (compared to social media sites for example). FWIW, I find the combined knowledge of the long time contributors absolutely awesome - I come here to learn and help others learn.

Oct 23, 2017 8:11 PM in response to babowa

That’s really cool. This is very fun and enlightening to understand. I definitely appreciate what you’re saying. And I’m starting to understand more and more what the spirit of this forum is.

My suggestion is that Apple advertises the forum as such vs funneling unknowing people in here. I for sure understand why you all get so upset now, but I feel like you shouldn’t have to be so upset. I don’t know the solution, but I know we aren’t there yet. And I understand you generous souls more than I did when I first entered with my post. For sure you shouldn’t need to copy paste terms of service over and over when people appear off topic.

Best of luck! Thanks generous humans.

How do I report an Apple Support Community user?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.