Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems After update to iOS 8 on ipad 2

Hello community,

please pay attention when you update your iPad 2 from iOS 7 to 8. The whole useability of my iPad broke down and their are many problems using my iPad now. Everthing is really slow and I always need a restart to connect to my service provider with 3G. The following problems occurred on my iPad:

• Safari is working realy slow and sometimes brake down
  • mail is also realy slow and most of the functions sometimes don't work or hang
  • 3G connection fails anytime you switch on the iPad and needs a restart

TO Apple:

please improve this version of iOS and submit your update asap, otherwise my iPad is not usable anymore and lose me as a customer.

thx.

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 2:30 PM

SSimilar issues using wifi as far as not connecting to servers. Crashing apps this update is an unmitigated disaster and another example of poor quality control which was something they used to excel at

487 replies

Sep 25, 2014 1:35 PM in response to flygreg88

Similar issues. What I think is worst Apple has stopped to care about their customers. They arrogantly refuse to give an option to go back to v7. I have srewed my apps. For example podcast ap disappeared. When you try to reload from store, the store tells yo have it already. Have called help desk, reinstalled firmware two timeS. Same issue. I dont think this would have happened during Jobs Time. So frustrating. Do they want to chase their customers away? Seems like it.😟

Sep 25, 2014 5:16 PM in response to flygreg88

I have been having issues with my iPad 2 ever since I did my iOS 8 update. Randomly my iPad screen will blank out, then the apple insignia will show up on the screen for 2-3 min, then it will go back to my login screen. I've tried restoring my iPad to factory settings and I'm still having these issues. My husband has an iPad 2 as well and has had no issues! Any suggestions?

Sep 25, 2014 5:24 PM in response to flygreg88

This seems to be unprecedented in Apple history. I am considering going into shutdown until Apple comes up with a fix. I got caught with upgrading my iPad to iOS 8 unnecessarily before Yosemite comes to hand on 21 October, so the configuration between the iMac desktop and the iPad is very confusing and all of this is pointlessly complex. The essential user-friendliness that has characterised Apple's history is at stake. I'm looking forward to iOS 8.0.2 - please! Can we trust it?

Sep 27, 2014 10:12 AM in response to flygreg88

My iPad3 severe lag was resolved. May this work for iPad2 too.

1. Open a few webpages in Safari (i had 6 tabs openned)

2. Go to the last tab on the right & "pinch the page" with 2 fingers (the screen will reduce into 6 mini tabs).

3. Select any one of the mini tabs.

When Safari resumed normal size after Step 3, my iPad3's regained 80% of it's original zappiness, like magic. All other apps can scroll smoother & I'm a happy iPad3 (iOS8) owner again

***now i wonder if i should risk upgrading to iOS 8.0.2, after regaining 80% of original iPad3 smoothness. Will you?

ESCS

Sep 27, 2014 10:29 AM in response to flygreg88

I had problems with my iPad resetting itself after updating to ios 8, updated it to ios 8.02 a couple of hours ago and used it for all of ten minutes, it started resetting itself again but the apple logo started flashing, then it cut out completely and won't restart. I have tried all the suggestions apple have on their site to get it to start up to no avail. As my iPad isn't under warranty, Apple want £25 to chat to one of their service people. I don't see why we should have to pay for Apple to fix their own mistakes. My iPad worked perfectly until ios 8, now it won't even start. You can't make a complaint through their website so I will likely have to travel 20 miles to the nearest Apple store and if the stories I am reading online about the attitude of the Apple Store staff are anything to go by I'm not hopeful about getting my iPad sorted. If this is the way Apple are going to be in the future I will be switching to another tablet and phone.

Sep 27, 2014 12:08 PM in response to flygreg88

i am having the exact same sluggish issues with IOS 8 on IPad 2 64gb

WI Fi is slower and less responsive

Safari is slow

Touch screen lags now

When turning on the lock screen is just black for a while before tapping a few times.

Aps load slower and crash more often

typing is less responsive and sluggish

I really hope Apple addresses the issues, I have a lot of Apple devices and this certainly prevents me from moving forward with new products if they would release an upgrade that renders the devices almost useless and frustrating to use.

I'm sure they will but speed of the fix is important.

Problems After update to iOS 8 on ipad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.