Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete Readdle Folder from iCloud Drive ?

I installed scanner by Readdle and it created a directory into icloud drive. Icloud drive is accessible from the windows icloud drive program and also from icloud.com. But now the directory of Readdle cannot be deleted, I tried from the windows drive I couldn't; the moment I delete it comes back right away, I also tried from icloud.com the trash icon is greyed, I tried to remove the readdle app from the iphone or disable saving to icloud drive from within the app the readdle directory stays in icloud drive! does anybody know how to reset the icloud drive, I want to get rid of that readdle directory!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 6:53 AM

9 replies

Sep 30, 2014 7:01 AM in response to Chookette

I have the EXACT same problem with FileApp. I was using it until iOS8 with iCloud Drive came out and now I don't need it anymore, si I deleted the files in the app and deleted the App and I cannot get rid of the folder same as you.

I have contacted Apple Support and spent quite some time with them and they concluded that it was a problem with the App not "playing" with iCloudDrive correctly and they hopefully an update to the App would fix it. reinstalling the App and turning off iCloud Drive among many other attempts to delete failed. Apple Support gave up on it and blames it on the App. They may be right, but I contacted the App and gotno response.

Anyone else seen this problem and found a solution?

Oct 13, 2014 2:12 PM in response to Chookette

As far as I can tell, the fact that an app leaves behind its iCloud Drive folder is by design. It's been doing something similar since well before iOS 8 - it's just been exposed to the user for the first time. What IS puzzling, on the other hand, is inability to manually delete the folder after every instance of the app has been removed from all devices associated with your account. With iCloud Drive finally exposed, you would kind of expect this type of functionality. As things stand, every app supporting iCloud Drive you ever try will leave visible - but unremoveable - junk behind. If this remains as-is after Yosemite public launch, we are going to have a problem.

Mar 15, 2015 2:58 AM in response to aperley

Just installed iOS8.2 on a 6plus. Nothing changed. Readdle file stays on iCloud.com. Not deletable. OSX 10.10.2 Yosemite on MB pro 2012.

Apple doesn't seem to address this issue at all. Clean desktop but pure chaos on the cloud drive. This is a bad thing. Together with the finderless iOS to store,manage and sync the non-apple files (all my GPX files for example to get my tracks from Garmin on every machine is not possible), the cloud drive is a bit of a horse on 3 legs... for now ... come on Apple put some effort in this equal to your luxury road map for the Watch and don't leave us, the average user, behind with useless apps/functions on iOS/OSX.

Aug 1, 2015 9:25 AM in response to putnik

on top of that all:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7124092

So I stopped using any iCloud.com storage. Pages, Numbers, etc. were deleted from my iPhone too.

Compared to Google Drive or MS One Drive the iCloud cloud server solutions are really 1000 miles/kms behind. And Apple's connection speeds are deadslow here in the EU. Seems not to bother them at all...

How to delete Readdle Folder from iCloud Drive ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.