Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has iOS 8 stopped third-party access to Clock's "Stop Playing" ability?

Before upgrading to version 8, I was able to use the Timer in Apple's Clock app to "Stop Playing" music from third-party apps like AccuRadio to automatically shut off the music after a set amount of time (obviously useful when going to sleep while listening to music). However, the music now continues throughout the night even though the Timer runs out. Has anyone else noticed this?

Apple's Music app still accepts the order to stop playing, so I'm not sure if iOS simply stopped third-party apps from accessing the feature or if it's a bug in either iOS 8 or something that AccuRadio simply hasn't fixed for the new version of the operating system.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 8:31 AM

4 replies

Sep 30, 2014 4:43 PM in response to DashingDaveASC

This also happens on other apps such as Bard Mobile. The problem is intermittent. I have the problem on an iPhone 6+ also on iOS 8

the Bard app is by the Library of Congress. I've called both Bard at the state level and Bard at the library of Congress with no response.

Their Bard mobile app now also has a time issue using the fast forward and rewind commands or buttons. Prior to iOS 8 they would respond ten seconds I minute, five minutes, fifteen minutes, etc. now they only say seconds seconds, minutes minutes, minutes minutes. So it appears that iOS 8 has changed the time program which in turn affects the clock stop playing feature which I used every night while listening to a book in the middle of the night for thirty minutes. It now usually keeps playing. One other possibility is if you leave the clock open after starting the timer it seems to work, or this could be the intermittent part.

Let's hope someone at Apple cares.

Sep 30, 2014 6:47 PM in response to DashingDaveASC

Additional information. If you set the timer to play something such as silk the timer works, plays the sound and stops playing the book being played by the Bard mobile app. If you set the timer to "stop playing" the book continues to play when the timer ends. Stop playing does not work in iOS 8. Should be simple for Apple to correct since it is easily reproducible.

Has iOS 8 stopped third-party access to Clock's "Stop Playing" ability?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.