Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bass ackward problem.. my MBP is killing my network!

Normally you see people complaining that their mb suddenly drops signal. i have a bit of a different problem.

I dont even know how this is logically possible. ive been using a netgear wireless router for a while, with no problems. since ive gotten my mbp, after 10-15 mins of it being connected to the network, my network stops responding and i have to reset the modem/router.

it doesnt just stop responding for the notebook, but for any computer on the network. i have 2 other computers on there, one is wired and the other is wireless. all 3 lose conntectivity. but heres the kicked. its only when the MBP joins that the problem occurs. if i turn off the wireless connection on the notebook, the network will be fine consistantly.

someone suggested turning off upnp on the router, i did that and nothing changed. firmware is up to date. suggestions?

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Sep 21, 2006 8:47 PM

3 replies

bass ackward problem.. my MBP is killing my network!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.