Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 bluetooth issues

I upgraded from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6 and i've been having issues with bluetooth connectivity, when connecting my LG Tone Plus (LG HBS-730) headset i can't answer calls from the headset button and also i get an out of range message sometimes and this wasn't happening with my iphone 5 on IOS 8, i tried the headset in my wife's iphone 5 IOS 8 and it works fine. With my Motorola Buds i'm having the same issue with answering calls from the headset button. Any input on this?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 9:36 AM

57 replies

Sep 25, 2014 11:48 AM in response to Ramser

I don't have good news other then to tell you that there are a few threads already existing on this topic. I have a Plantronics m20 head set and it is doing exactly the same thing. Apple appears to be in the state of denial on this, from what I've read they are blaming the BT manufacturer but this crosses brands, everyone has it. Until Apple come up with a fix you need to answer on your screen. Sometimes your BT will pick up the sound, most times you'll ave to tap it to have sound on the BT. Hangup, either wait for the other person to or touch the screen.

I have tried removing pairing, reinstalling. Once when I did this it briefly allowed hang up, but after that I couldn't get it to do again. I hope Apple realizes this is an issue across BT devices and fixes it soon.

One thing you can do is make outgoing calls. Siri comes on and asks if she can help, say call the cable company (I love using them as by test tubes) and the call goes through just fine.

Sep 25, 2014 8:32 PM in response to Ramser

I too have had many issues getting Bluetooth to work on my iPhone 6. I just upgraded to iOS 8.0.2 and that did not help things. I was able to get my UE Mini Boom speaker to pair after about 45 minutes of trying. And getting my Polar H7 heart rate monitor to pair took many hours over several days. And the first few times it said it was paired, it didn't actually function. And even now even though it works, it will not terminate the connection once I've finished using it. My iPad Air can see my iPhone 6 via Bluetooth, but can't successfully pair with it. My iPhone can't see my iPad Air or my MacBook Air at all. All in all, it seems like there are many serious bugs with the iPhone 6 and bluetooth.

Sep 26, 2014 2:15 AM in response to Ramser

I am having a simular problem with my Sennheiser Presence ML. Pairing and outgoing calIs work fine and I can answer my called by tapping the answer button, but it will not longer auto-answer when I boom out. (which was my favorite feature)

It's my office headset so I spoke to our IT manager about it and he contacted Sennheiser. They are aware of the problem and they say they working on both a short term solution and with Apple to resolve the problem for everyone. Until then they gave me a "workaround" which is working for me. In settings, there is a setting for incoming calls. If I set this to "Headset" it works. It was set to "Default", which used to work with iOS7.. but not with iOS8. Here's how you do it:

"Settings" > "General" > "Accessibility" > "Incoming Calls" (which is near the bottom) > "Headset"

I hope this helps?

Sep 28, 2014 7:34 AM in response to Ramser

It appears that if you purchase a new phone or update to iOS 8 the device still thinks its the old phone or software. I had the same issue with my 2014 Toyota Camry and I fixed it by doing the following:

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings. Once you do this on your iPhone it deletes all the devices and settings that were previously loaded. You have to reset the bluetooth device otherwise it will attempt to use the previous settings rather than the newest on. Pair the phone and the device up again and it will recognize it as a new phone rather than one it previously remembered. This should fix the problem on most devices as I know it fixed it on my car.

Sep 28, 2014 1:15 PM in response to aceit2000

Hi, I have been having the same issues in my Audi A8, called Apple Support and spoke to a helpful guy. We reset network settings first and then reset all settings. The phone then paired with my factory car kit immediately. Later, I switched on location services and the pairing stopped. Did the resets in the same order and all was fine again. Looks like location services is the problem. I know that Apple are working on it but I would rather have bluetooth than Location services right now.

iPhone 6 bluetooth issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.