Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video taking up space but cannot delete

I was attempting to install IOS 8, but I only had 1.3G free on IPAD 2. I had a video that took up 5GB (IOS 8 needed 5.7G free). I synced my ipad to my PC and then attempted to delete the video. Once done it said that I still did not have enough space, so I rebooted my ipad and the space that was deleted somehow returned. As a side note, my ipad was tethered to my PC while I was doing all of this. Now I can see the icon for the video under the Video app, but I cannot delete it (there is no 'x' or edit to press). When I click on the icon to see if it will play it just exits back to the icon. When I look at itunes, it show that a download error has occurred for the video but it will not let me download it. I still have the synced copy on my PC. Any ideas on how to get rid of this and free up the space so I can install IOS 8?

iPad 2, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 9:20 AM

Hey johnboy813,

Thanks for the question. Your issue is similar to the symptoms outlined in the following resource. The troubleshooting steps may provide a solution:

iOS: "Not enough free space" alert when trying to sync

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1503

Thanks,

Matt M.

3 replies

Video taking up space but cannot delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.