Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive isn't compatible with OS X Mavericks

I just upgraded to the latest Numbers on my iMac, and now when I try to open a spreadsheet I get the following error message:

Sorry, iCloud Drive isn't compatible with OS X Mavericks. You've upgraded your account to iCloud Drive. To keep your spreadsheets current across all your drives, update to OS X Yosemite.

Yosemite hasn't even been released yet, what am I supposed to do? I had no idea I upgraded to iCloud Drive, how do I downgrade?

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 10:29 AM

4 replies

Sep 25, 2014 3:56 PM in response to TomNYC

Hi TomNYC,

without downgrading this will work: Go to safari, "iCloud.com", login with your iCloud account and go to numbers. You will find your already existing spreadsheets. Download the spreadsheet(s) you need to work on, choose numbers format. The files will end up in your download folder. I suggest moving them from there to a folder of your choice. e.g. create: "iCloud-exchange". Now you can open these files with numbers on your Mac. Do any changes you want to these spreadsheets and save them to this "iCloud-exchange" folder. If you need them in iCloud again, open both your local folder "iCloud-exchange" and numbers in safari ("iCloud.com") sides by side and drag&drop the files you want from "iCloud-exchange" to numbers"iCloud.com". Last not least: pray to god that apple will come up with a better way the next time they choose to change their cloud service - and wait for yosemite.

Michael, Berlin, Germany

Sep 25, 2014 5:17 PM in response to andrea-appleforum

If you need them in iCloud again, open both your local folder "iCloud-exchange" and numbers in safari ("iCloud.com") sides by side and drag&drop the files you want from "iCloud-exchange" to numbers"iCloud.com".

Thanks for that, Michael. Didn't know you could drag and drop files from the Mac directly into Numbers for iCloud. Not true sync, but it's good to know there is a partial workaround.

SG

Oct 30, 2014 3:24 AM in response to andrea-appleforum

Hi Andrea,

I got exactly the same message when I open a new numbers and a page document. So far I have just clicked ' ok ' and gone ahead. I have had no problems so far , so I assume its not an issue. I checked on the iCloud account and my numbers sheets are not there. Not sure why , how and if they should be - probably as they are not saved under the icloud drive. Do you think that could be the reason?

Is it recommended to follow your suggestion? Can you please advise if not done, would there be any consequence to my existing number files and documents.

Thanks,

Sunshine from NL

iCloud Drive isn't compatible with OS X Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.