Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The device is already associated with an Apple ID on iPad Air

Hello I have bought iPad Air 64GB from Ebay. Everything working well, but when I try to download my music from iTunes it shows me The device is already associated with an Apple ID and I can choose cancel or transfer. What should I do? Do I have to wait 90 days till I can enable auto download or is there any other way. I am using same Apple ID for iCloud and iTunes on all my devices(iPhone, Mac), but if I check associated devices in my iTunes account, the Air is not showing there. Any help? Thank you very much

iPad Air 64GB-OTHER, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 1:41 PM

3 replies

Oct 29, 2017 11:07 PM in response to Jaroslav1991

Hello Jaroslav,

I found your question as I have the same issue - in 2017...! Just purchased iPad from eBay - complete factory reset, all calendar and contacts etc runs with my Apple ID, however I can't play any media without getting this 90 day apple ID warning.

Did you find a fix for this please? Did the previous owner of your unit need to help you?

Big thanks.

Oct 30, 2017 4:43 AM in response to Jaroslav1991

The seller apparently did not erase the device before selling it. You have no rights to their content anyway so I would simply restore the device as new in iTunes and then set it up anew from the welcome screen with your accounts and information.

Note though that if the seller also did not sign out of find my iPhone and iClour, then it will still be activation locked to their AppleID and you will not be able to activate and use it yourself. If that is the case, file a complaint with eBay to get your money back and report the seller (they should not be selling activation locked devices).

The device is already associated with an Apple ID on iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.