Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 6 will not rotate horizontally in any app or during videos

When I turn my phone horizontally, the screen does not rotate. I already tried switching between zoomed and standard view, reset the phone, and even locked and unlocked the screen orientation but nothing makes it switch. It won't rotate in any apps and not even during videos. The only view is vertical. My boyfriend has the same issue with his iPhone 6 and we both have the 64gb, mine is white and his is black. Is it a software glitch?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 2:33 PM

Hi ddhabbp,

It sounds like you have been on the right track in troubleshooting this issue. You may want to double-check the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article:

iOS: Screen does not rotate

Regards,

- Brenden

3 replies

Oct 12, 2014 4:42 AM in response to ddhabbp

Hi

I bought my iphone here in Germany unlocked and the same issue still happened to me.

Restoring not fix the complet problem at least just in one app , I have the same problem with whats app , normally I dont used in landscape mode, but if for some reason I move when im trying to reply a message the screen goes landscape mode and not possible to return I need to lock and unlock the phone.

Lets see if in the near future they correct this issue

My iphone 6 will not rotate horizontally in any app or during videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.