Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Bluetooth Connection Problems

My iphone 6 will not reliably connect via bluetooth to my 2014 Kia Optima. It did work initially for a few days then stopped working. Interestingly my iPhone 5s with IOS 8 worked fine.

My carrier is Verizon and I've also had intermittent issues making and receiving calls. when then occurs I might have a strong cell connection but the phone seems to be switching between 3G (or less) and LTE.

SO far I've tried everything except doing a full restore of the iPhone which will take over 30 min.

From what i've read this seems to be a serious issue and hope/expect Apple to release a patch release soon.

While I respect the complexity in releasing new services, software and hardware simultaneously, this is not a forgiveable bug, since bluetooth connectivity is a core critical function.

Anyone have are any interim suggestions?

THanks,

Howie

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 5:47 PM

9 replies

Sep 25, 2014 4:55 PM in response to Howie S

I have the same issue. My phone worked fine initially, but the next time I went to my car and was out I made a call and it rang a few times and then cut out to the radio... It still shows its connected to my car but won't keep my calls on the bluetooth. I did reset my network settings but I still have the same dumb problem.

Oct 9, 2014 12:01 PM in response to Howie S

Same problem here. My iphone 5 had no problems whatsoever connecting to the Sony unit in my car. But since getting my 6 Plus, it's all gone wrong! Can make a call, but only from the head unit -not the phone but can't pick up an incoming call from the head unit, so have to pick up on phone. Although it says the phone is receiving the call through the Sony unit....I can't hear anything! And the music doesn't quieter either! So, I now have no way of making/taking phone calls in my car.

Apple, PLEASE SORT THIS OUT!

Feb 4, 2015 2:26 PM in response to Howie S

I had a call with Apple, I did a bunch of troubleshooting and something I did worked, I wish I could be more specific but here are three articles suggested by Apple to do the troubleshooting.

iOS: Troubleshooting Bluetooth connections - Apple Support

iOS: Supported Bluetooth profiles - Apple Support

Some car stereos require a firmware update for AVRCP 1.4 Bluetooth compatibility - Apple Support

The connection to my car (Subaru Outback) has been working for a day now, let's see if stays working. I hope this helps,

iPhone 6 Bluetooth Connection Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.