Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband Music Transfer

I have Garageband on iOS8 iPad,iOS8 iPhone 6 plus and OS X Mac Pro. How can I transfer the music between them? I have enabled iCloud with iPad and iPhone but cannot understand how to get the music from there to OS X? Now before iOS8 it would transfer from my iPad to Mac without a problem. At this time I can only transfer from iPhone to iPad. Help!!!!!!!!

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 4:12 AM

See my answer to your question in the iCloud forum:

Now before iOS8 it would transfer from my iPad to Mac without a problem. At this time I can only transfer from iPhone to iPad. Help!!!!!!!!

Have you upgraded to "iCloud Drive" on your iOS devices? Then you can no longer use documents in the cloud, and your mac will not see the projects you are storing in iCloud. Unfortunately, turning off iCloud Drive will not restore the ability. See these documents:

Be aware, be careful, be prepared for iCloud Drive | TUAW: Apple news, reviews and how-tos since 2004

iCloud Drive FAQ

Try to transfer your song with iTunes instead: http://help.apple.com/garageband/ipad/2.0/index.html#chs39284d66

Send a GarageBand song to iTunes

• Tap My Songs, then tap Select.
  • Tap the song you want to send, then tap the Action button User uploaded file.
  • Tap Share Song via iTunes.
  • Do one of the following:
    • To send the song as a GarageBand song, tap GarageBand.
    • To send the song as an audio file, tap iTunes, then tap Share.
    After you tap the iTunes icon, you can choose the quality of the file GarageBand sends to iTunes. You can also add artist, composer, and title information that appears in iTunes.
  • Sync your iPad with your computer.In iTunes, the exported song appears in the Documents list in the File Sharing area when GarageBand is selected.
    • Drag the song from the GarageBand Documents list to the Finder.
    • Click Save As, navigate to the location where you want to save the song, then click Save.

You can open the GarageBand song in GarageBand on your Mac, or play the audio file in iTunes (or any compatible audio application) on your computer. GarageBand songs cannot be opened on a Windows computer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2014 4:12 AM in response to kamau52

See my answer to your question in the iCloud forum:

Now before iOS8 it would transfer from my iPad to Mac without a problem. At this time I can only transfer from iPhone to iPad. Help!!!!!!!!

Have you upgraded to "iCloud Drive" on your iOS devices? Then you can no longer use documents in the cloud, and your mac will not see the projects you are storing in iCloud. Unfortunately, turning off iCloud Drive will not restore the ability. See these documents:

Be aware, be careful, be prepared for iCloud Drive | TUAW: Apple news, reviews and how-tos since 2004

iCloud Drive FAQ

Try to transfer your song with iTunes instead: http://help.apple.com/garageband/ipad/2.0/index.html#chs39284d66

Send a GarageBand song to iTunes

• Tap My Songs, then tap Select.
  • Tap the song you want to send, then tap the Action button User uploaded file.
  • Tap Share Song via iTunes.
    • To send the song as a GarageBand song, tap GarageBand.
    • To send the song as an audio file, tap iTunes, then tap Share.
    After you tap the iTunes icon, you can choose the quality of the file GarageBand sends to iTunes. You can also add artist, composer, and title information that appears in iTunes.
  • Sync your iPad with your computer.In iTunes, the exported song appears in the Documents list in the File Sharing area when GarageBand is selected.
    • Drag the song from the GarageBand Documents list to the Finder.
    • Click Save As, navigate to the location where you want to save the song, then click Save.

You can open the GarageBand song in GarageBand on your Mac, or play the audio file in iTunes (or any compatible audio application) on your computer. GarageBand songs cannot be opened on a Windows computer.

Sep 26, 2014 1:54 AM in response to léonie

Try the update to iOS 8 that has been released last night:

The GarageBand 2.0.3 update brings:

• What's New in 2.0.3

Stability improvements and bug fixes

• What's New in 2.0.2
    • Support for iOS 8
    • iCloud Drive compatibility
    • Toggle the metronome on and off directly from the control bar
    • Use MIDI over Bluetooth to wirelessly connect compatible musical keyboards and controllers
    • Stability improvements and bug fixes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.