Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not saving from camera iphone 6?

Most of the time when I take a photo with my iPhone 6, it shows it in the bottom left thumbnail but when I tap it, it is not there, neither is it when I go through the gallery app. So it isn't saving my photos. Why?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 7:05 PM

15 replies

Oct 3, 2014 7:25 PM in response to Theo35

I have had success fixing this issue... For my iPhone 6 plus anyway! Hopefully it will work for you too!

What finally worked was backing up my phone to icloud (contacts photos etc) do this by making sure you are connected to wifi then go to settings>icloud>backup>backup now

then plug the phone into the computer and go to iTunes and click on restore iPhone.

This may take a little while to download the software etc but slowly but surely...

Once it it has finished restoring choose set up as new phone.

On the phone set upas you would any new phone and make sure you sign into iCloud -all your photos and contacts should be there.

I initially tried restoring from a full backup from my computer instead of setting up as a new phone and that did not work.. Same thing happening. Must be whatever went weird on the phone goes back on when you use your backup. I have a suspicion that the error may be due to photo apps I installed... But I can't say for sure.. For now I've left them off and going to see if the problem is fixed 100% then try to put those apps back on and see if it starts up again. Probably because the apps haven't been optimised for ios8 yet.

ALSO as side note ; BEFORE YOU RESTORE; you may notice that when you connect your phone to the computer and go to iPhoto and import your pictures all the pictures you can't see in photos on your phone will appear on your computer...

Good luck! if you have success with this it would be good maybe to post back so others can see that it worked for you too and give it a try... It's such an annoying problem!

🙂

Oct 6, 2014 11:13 AM in response to marie-g

marie-g wrote:

I have had success fixing this issue... For my iPhone 6 plus anyway! Hopefully it will work for you too!

What finally worked was backing up my phone to icloud (contacts photos etc) do this by making sure you are connected to wifi then go to settings>icloud>backup>backup now

then plug the phone into the computer and go to iTunes and click on restore iPhone.

This may take a little while to download the software etc but slowly but surely...

Once it it has finished restoring choose set up as new phone.

On the phone set up as you would any new phone and make sure you sign into iCloud -all your photos and contacts should be there.

This solution worked for me too. I had to re-install all the apps again but the camera is working perfectly now and photos are saving as they should. Thanks!!

Nov 28, 2014 8:01 AM in response to devjack

I solved this problem. In my case helped delete folder DCMI/100Apple

I could not remove it using iFunBox.

I created a backup using itunes, opened it in iBackupbot and removed /System Files/CameraRollDomain/Media/DCMI/100Apple.

Then I restore my iphone using edited backup from itunes.

It fixed saving of photos. Good luck! 🙂

Sorry for my English.

Dec 9, 2014 1:40 PM in response to marie-g

I had this issue from the moment I powered up my new phone. After spending 4 days with my new toy phone - I found this post and undertook the steps you outlined. It worked like a charm. And ... now I have to setup all my touchID/Passbook cards AGAIN ... It's a royal pain, but worth having my camera roll functional. .

âž• Thanks for sharing with us.

Nov 26, 2015 4:32 AM in response to devjack

Guys i found a solution for that...

Just connect your idevice to computer and use the application named itools to locate the DCIM folder(Where all photos and videos saving by default). After that make sure there is no other folder than apple default one.

Eg: iOS creating folder in this base

.MISC, .THMB and remain all folder should be 100APPLE,101APPLE,102APPLE....like this format.. if there is any other folder with another name ..just copy to pc and delete from DCIM folder..its worked for me

Photos not saving from camera iphone 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.