Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated Itunes to 11.4.0.18 now Home Share wont work

I recently updated ITunes on my Windows 8.1 PC to version 11.4.0.18. Now none of my home share will work. I have two Apple TV's, one is using new update and the other is old version just in case it was the Apple TV update, neither will connect. I have IPhone 5 and IPhone 4 and both used to work, now neither work. I also have IPad Mini's that used to work, now nothing works.

I have reset the router, the modem, the PC, Each of the IOS devices. I Turned off IPv6 on my network connections, didn't help. I have also noticed that my Apple TV with the new update on it can't connect to the Cloud either. Apple TV with old IOS works ok from the Cloud.

Basically the ITunes update and the Apple TV updates have killed Home Sharing on my system. Is anyone else having this issue? Anyone have any suggestions?

Apple TV (3rd generation), iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 7:15 PM

3 replies

Oct 3, 2014 8:33 PM in response to Eric_and_Manon

Got it working! Opened the port on my Linksys Apple TV: TCP and UDP ports and protocols used

• TCP port 123 is used to communicate with a network time server.
  • TCP port 3689 is used to communicate with iTunes while using the iTunes Library Sharing feature.
  • UDP port 5353 is used by Apple TV for automatically finding computers with iTunes on your network using

Reboot then it worked!

Updated Itunes to 11.4.0.18 now Home Share wont work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.