Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wet MacBook

I have a 2010 Macbook Pro that recently got wet while closed. The display, keyboard, and trackpad now do not work. Usb mouse and keyboard work, and external display works. Can boot and use computer with externals. Is this most likely a logic board issue or separate problem?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 10:37 PM

8 replies

Sep 25, 2014 12:21 AM in response to babowa

The last owner took it to a genius bar and got the incorrect diagnosis of the logic board being bad. I found out it was improperly seated RAM. It worked perfectly, then the spill occurred. I'd much rather just diagnose and repair this myself as the nearest genius bar is 30+ mi. away. Just need some guidance as to what is most likely wrong.

Sep 25, 2014 12:28 AM in response to ranab998

What's most likely wrong is that your logic board is dead. As has been stated - water and electronics do not mix well. If you'd prefer guesses over a technical diagnosis, you've come to the right place...

Clinton

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks 10.9.5, 16GB Crucial RAM, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, 27” Apple Thunderbolt Display

Wet MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.