Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 and HandsFreeLink Message Problems

I switched to an iPhone 6 (iOS 8.0) and paired it up with my 2014 Honda Civic Coupe LX HandsFreeLink. The calls work fine (I haven't played music from it yet though I'm confident it will work), but my car is telling me that the phone doesn't support the message function. I have everything on in the Bluetooth settings, but it doesn't notify me when messages come in or allow me to use any of the car's message features.

It's my first iPhone, so I can only compare it to my Galaxy S3, which worked fine in regards to everything I mentioned above. Anyone else having these issues?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 11:18 PM

8 replies

Feb 16, 2017 3:09 PM in response to LeanBean17

my iphone freezes when I get an incoming call in my Honda CRV

So I thought I had the problem fixed, I turned off auto answer and used my button on my steering wheel to answer. It didn't help. When a call comes in, my phone freezes. I can't hear anyone and they can't hear me and then I can't even disconnect. I 'think' what happens is the person on the other end, hangs up and then I can hang up. I can't have it where I am in my car and can't answer my phone. If i try to change it to the iphone speaker, i can't because the phone is totally frozen. Itis so frustrating. I can call out, no problem. The HandsFree Link bluetooth works fine. And I can see text messages fine. It is just incoming calls....

Nov 10, 2014 4:13 PM in response to LeanBean17

Here is my problem.

My first problem was that I wasn't receiving text messages on my car display.

So I did a "Reset all settings", "Reset all network settings", even did a factory restart on my 2015 Honda Fit EX.

My problem now is that no name shows up when a text message pops up. Anyone know how to fix this so I can see who sent me the message?User uploaded file

Jul 2, 2015 6:23 AM in response to Npham82

I was having the same issue--texts did not work with iphone6 and handsfreelink. I changed the bluetooth settings on my phone to allow notifications. I am now receiving texts. The text doesn't say who it's from, and I can't reply. When I try to reply, I receive an error message that says "unable to send email". Anyone else have this issue?

iPhone 6 and HandsFreeLink Message Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.