Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV (A1469) Restore Fail

I woke up yesterday morning to find my Apple TV (A1469) needed restoring. I was a little worried but had a day of lecturers so I said to myself that I would deal with the problem last night. Needless to say after 6 restore attempts last night I gave up. I keep getting the plus into iTunes picture come up on my Apple TV and I am fed up of seeing this. I went to the Apple Store yesterday in Bluewater to see if I could get a replacement (becase It is under a year old, according to the Apple warranty checker I have until the 9th Novemeber before the warranty wears out). But while in the Apple store I was just chucked around between staff member and staff member who just did not seem to have the time to even listen to me; which I was very worried about. Tech kept sending me to floor members; and floor members kept sending me to tech support. In the end I said I wanted to see a genius who I was told were all busy but I could wait fr a cancellation (I knew it was a long shot); but I was assured that there would be at least 1 cancellation.

After a 2 and a half hour wait I gave up and decided to talk to a member of staff again who then said "Yeah, you aren't going to be seen today. Book an appointment when you get home because we are closing now". I tried the restore again this morning, I have even tried downloading the IPSW and manually selecting it but I keep getting the same connect to iTunes and restore picture.

Does anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?

Apple TV, iOS 7.1.2, A1469

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 12:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 7:06 AM

After connecting directly with a ethernet cabel. It completet the update.

1 reply

Apple TV (A1469) Restore Fail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.