Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best Durable Rugged Case for iPhone 6

I'm planning to buy a durable rugged case but still dont know if what is the best case for iPhone 6 when it comes to rugged version, I spotted the Griffin Case for iPhone 6 but not sure if this is the right one any suggestions?

User uploaded file

Here is the GRIFFIN RUGGED CASE US Department of Defense Standard 810F and UK Department of Defense Standard 00-35

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 4:39 AM

15 replies

Sep 27, 2014 5:25 AM in response to joreeldiaz

Otterbox Defender, like Griffin Technologies is a reliable rugged iPhone Case. Both the Griffin Survivor and the Otterbox Defender are gong to feel Huge on the iPhone 6, let alone the iPhone 6 Plus. I have the Defender on my iPhone 6 currently and if it were any bigger I couldn't grip it in one-hand. If one goes with the Otterbox Defender you should make sure you use accessories that are no bigger than Apples own offerings. This is due to the very small openings on the bottom of the Defender Case. There are hard plastic shell excursions that are located on each side of the lightning cable port or Charging port for example that would be in the way of many third-party accessories. I think the same could be said for the phone-jack. The Defender however does deliver the protection and functionality that it has for previous iPhones. The Touch ID works flawlessly with the Defender's screen cover. The Sleep / Wake button is somewhat hard to depress given the thickness of the Defender's silicone cover. The "Silent" toggle is also a little hard to uncover and slide if you are trying to be quick about it.

Hopefully there are some other alternatives that offer the same Rugged protection but not such bulk. I will be looking for a Waterproof Case when available and am hoping that it won't be any bigger and bulkier than these two cases.

Oct 24, 2014 9:55 AM in response to michelleaudrey

I'd have to agree with WiseJD on the reliability of Otterbox Defender and Griffin Survivor and size issue. However, if you are willing to wait, I highly suggest TakTik 360 (click here).

User uploaded file

This is not your typical iPhone case. I got it for my 5s and ipod nano. Dropped it in the lake while fishing and survived my last deployment from sand and rugged use. Here's a quick video of what this case is made of and what kind of material used (http://vimeo.com/43643683). It sells for $59.95.

There's a similar one I found - Love Mei (click here).

User uploaded file

I think this is the replica version by the chinese. For $49 and availability, I would go for this one.

But my top favorite of all.... Snow Lizard (click here). Everything I am looking for in an iPhone case pretty much sums up this ULTIMATE iPhone case. Just watch the review... nuff said! Hope this helps!

User uploaded file

Best Durable Rugged Case for iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.