Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

touchscreen unresponsive ios8 iPhone 6

Starting about day 2 after getting my shiny new iPhone 6 the touchscreen starting having problems. If the phone is "locked" and I get an incoming call or text 60% of the time the touchscreen is unresponsive when I swipe to answer. I've turned auto-lock off, pass code off, I've reset settings, hard reset, and lastly did a complete factory reset and install. It will then work for a call or two then go unresponsive again. Is anyone else experiencing an unresponsive touch screen with their iPhone 6 or with iOS 8? Thanks.

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 6:15 AM

9 replies

Oct 8, 2014 8:55 AM in response to LaurelW

Same thing started with my IPhone 6 yesterday. I purchased it on 10/2/2014 has not even been a week, and the touchscreen stops working. If I leave the phone alone with nothing displayed I can use the touchscreen for about 3 min sometimes. I was able to get to the point to reset everything, and restore the phone but the issue is still there. I can't answer phone calls, I can use sir to text. I called apple who told me about trying to do the reset then if that does not work go to apple store to try and fix. Only available appointment in my area will be this Saturday 10/11/2014 at 12:40pm. I called Best buy where I purchased the phone none in store to replace. I will most likely return the phone on Saturday and go back to my iPhone 4s 😟 if apple can not replace the device with a new one in box.

Oct 8, 2014 9:08 AM in response to LaurelW

I had the exact same issue. I took it to genius bar yesterday and they told me that the problem was because I had a ton of crashing apps on my old iPhone that were in my old backup on iTunes. When I restored my iPhone 6 from my old iPhone 5 backup on iTunes - it caused problems. He gave me a brand new phone at the Apple Store, and then advised me to NOT restore it from backup on iTunes, but move contacts over by the cloud and just re-download each app from the App Store.. It works perfectly now, and when I first synced it to my MacBook and iTunes - I set it up as a new phone and did not restore.

Oct 8, 2014 10:03 AM in response to Gcookz86

I took mine to the Genius bar and they just replaced it. I used my iPad to video a couple of times the touch screen stopped working so they could see what it was doing. He didn't try to explain or find a reason so I don't know what caused it. It could have been from restoring the apps through iTunes. I waited to get my iPhone home to set it up without interruption using the Cloud back up. My new phone has worked just fine so whatever it was getting new phone has fixed the problem.

Oct 8, 2014 10:26 AM in response to LaurelW

There have been other Threads covering similar experiences, but mostly under "iPhone Hardware". Most owner's experiencing this did indeed Restore their New iPhone 6 / 6 Plus from a Backup of their replaced iPhones. I had the same experience with my iPhone 6 and ended up just Restoring it as a New iPhone (i.e., Factory Settings). I then did download the Apps directly from the App. Store and did a Sync. So far after nearly two-weeks no recurrence. I doubt it has anything to do with a Hardware problem. Your iPhones are probably perfectly fine and the cause is likely just as the earlier post stated.

Nov 17, 2014 12:16 PM in response to LaurelW

Hi all. I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. I got my iPhone 6 on Friday and the issue is showing up 3 days later. I restore it 2 times in a row because it was still unresponsive on the first time. By the second time, it came back to normal but after syncing and going to sleep, it did the exact same thing. Maybe it's my iPhone but I did notice an issue with the TouchID when the screen became unresponsive. I'm going to Apple and see what the techs say.

Apple, we need a fix here!

touchscreen unresponsive ios8 iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.