Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen freezes while recording video.

Screen freezes while recording. I'm recording a video from Safari 7.1 using Quick Time Player 10.3 in OS10.9.5. The picture freezes after about an hour and a quarter. I'm using SoundFlower to capture the audio; the audio continues to flow and record while the picture remains static.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 8:00 AM

2 replies

Aug 20, 2015 8:31 AM in response to Stan10504

I'm having the same issue. I'm not using Soundflower to record audio. I'm recording video only. After a few minutes the video freezes. It shows fine on screen, but when I review the video after the recording is complete, it shows only a frozen image. I'm recording from Safari 8.0.8 using QuickTime Player 10.4 in OS X 10.5 on a MacBook Air 6.1.

Dec 25, 2016 5:50 PM in response to gehnofdni

I know this is an old thread but I just had the same problem so I thought I would post my solution.

The picture would show normally on my Mac’s screen but the recorded image would freeze after a time. You would think that the displayed image is the same as that is going to QuickTime Player but it is not. For some reason the setting Preferences/ Energy Saver/Display Sleep freezes the feed to QuickTime when the pre-set time limit is reached.

The solution is to either turn the Display on all the time or for long enough to cover the full recording time.

Screen freezes while recording video.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.