Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad2 facetime keeps freezing since update ios8.i tried everything

EEver since loading new ios8 software my wife and my ipad2 keeps freezing up on facetime.Keeps saying poor internet connection and camera freezes.I tried everything and my internet provider sent new modem with router built in.Same results.Any ideas or is this an apple problem?

iPad 2, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 10:27 AM

Me and my mother both have the same problem, both have an iPad 2 with iOS8.0.1 installed. It was fine with iOS 7 but the camera on FaceTime now keeps freezing everytime we switch it to the 'back camera'.

I've rang up Apple Support and they've tried everything including the good old "restore as new" but the problem still persists. They have now recommended me to take it to an Apple Store to get a diagnostic.

26 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2014 10:27 AM in response to Kennythegreat

Me and my mother both have the same problem, both have an iPad 2 with iOS8.0.1 installed. It was fine with iOS 7 but the camera on FaceTime now keeps freezing everytime we switch it to the 'back camera'.

I've rang up Apple Support and they've tried everything including the good old "restore as new" but the problem still persists. They have now recommended me to take it to an Apple Store to get a diagnostic.

Oct 7, 2014 11:13 AM in response to Kennythegreat

I have exact the same issue when switching from the front tot the back camera!

It only happens when using the back camera. The video image freezes, then goes black indicating that the connection is poor.

As soon as I switch back to the front camera, the video resumes.

There is most definitely a problem in IOS 8 FaceTime on iPAD 2 AND the iPAD2 has become very sluggish since he upgrade to IOS8.

Oct 10, 2014 8:34 AM in response to Kennythegreat

I went to the Apple Store today and the Genius Bar people have confirmed that the problem exist. They even tried to restore as new too but the problem still arise. As they have confirmed that this is a software issue, they are going to pass these details to the software engineering department.

So for now, it looks like we are going to have a broken rear facetime camera 😟

Nov 23, 2014 8:32 AM in response to Kennythegreat

I am not 100% sure, but I think I found a workaroud to fix this problem.I have a Ipad 2 running on IOS 8.1.1 and I was facing the freeze when switching to rear camera on facetime. I did the following and it seems that Facetime is working fine now: I opened the camera and switches several time between rear and front camera. After that Facetime was OK even after a power off and power on.

Ipad2 facetime keeps freezing since update ios8.i tried everything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.