Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6, Prius, Bluetooth Calling -- Not Working

I got the iPhone 6 (AT&T). I was able to pair the phone with my Prius (2013 - Plugin Hybrid), and I am able to play audio via Bluetooth, but Bluetooth calling doesn't seem to work.

If I try to make a call from the phone, I get no audio (the car display doesn't even show a call is in progress).

If I try to make a call from the car display interface, I hear ringing and the pick up, and then no audio. The display interface shows call is no longer in progress, even though the call is still connected.

If I try to make a call from the car voice interface, I get "No Network Signal"

I had iOS 8 on my iPhone 5S, and had no problem.

I've tried deleting the pairing and re-pairing. I've also tried resetting all the settings and network settings.

Thoughts? Or is this just a bug or unintended feature?

Thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 8, Prius, Bluetooth

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 9:14 AM

19 replies

Sep 27, 2014 7:45 AM in response to newcjb19

After going through many of the steps outlined in several forum questions - steps like forgetting all bluetooth connections on the car, forgetting the pairing on the phone, rebooting the phone, resetting the network settings, it did not help.

I updated to 8.0.2 and now it works fine. I did pair the phone anew with the update.

Oct 5, 2014 6:36 PM in response to miniporkchop

I had iphone 4s and it worked with my 2011 camry. now i bought iphone 6 and connected. my music is only working from my iphone. when i connect to call, music stops but phone call continues from iphone and no option to select the source of iphone or car audio.. i did all the steps whatever told in this loop. but no use.

1. deleted both iphone and camry settings for bluetooth and reconnected.

2. switched off, reset of iphone

3. logout and login from icloud..

nothing worked for me..

Nov 7, 2014 2:00 PM in response to miniporkchop

I bought the iPhone 6+ and found out that iMusic won't play on my car navi system and thus through the car speaker unless I use the APPLE connecter cable to plug into the USB port in the car console. I used to be able to just tap the app on my 4S, choose the album to play and it would come through the car speaker system. Now I have to physically connect my iPhone 6+ with the cord into the USB port to get iMusic to play through the speakers.

Any ideas on how to get around the cable connection step?

Nov 11, 2014 2:09 AM in response to miniporkchop

I have a similar problem. I had an iPhone 5 (running IOS 8.1) and had absolutely NO problems with it's bluetooth - would pair with anything easily. I recently bought the iPhone 6, and had no problems with it, until it came time to pair it to all my bluetooth devices. It paired OK to my headset (Plantronics Legend), but at random times, for no reason it disconnects from it. It paired OK with the UConnect in my Dodge truck, but it absolutely WILL NOT pair with the J&M bluetooth module on my motorcycle. Had NO problems what ever with the iPhone 5 running IOS 8 with bluetooth pairing to anything - worked flawlessly. What the heck did they do to the bluetooth in the iPhone 6 to make it so crappy? From all the posts in this and other forums, I see I'm not alone with this problem - FIX IT SOON APPLE!

iPhone 6, Prius, Bluetooth Calling -- Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.