Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS8-Beats Headphones Volume Control issue

I have a pair of Beats Solo (1st gen) headphones that I have used for awhile now with my iPhone 5 with no issues. After updating to iOS8, the volume controls no longer work. I can still play/pause and skip to the next song, but I cannot control the volume via the controller on the wire. This occurs in the Music app and in the MapMyFitness app. In some cases the volume automatically goes all the way up which caught me by surprise. I have since put on a volume limit so it doesn't blow my ears out.

Since I was using the iPhone 5 with iOS8, I just assumed that it may be a compatibility issue with my older phone and a new OS. I just upgraded to the iPhone 6 and the problem still exists.

I have a friend that upgraded to iOS8 and he is having the same trouble with another brand of headphones.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a workaround or someway to fix it? Maybe my headphones are the problem?

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 9:01 AM

6 replies

Dec 31, 2015 1:26 AM in response to stupidguy

I Had this same problem. I fixed simply by wriggling the auxiliary cable that went in my phone.i could at a kind of static noise when I twisted the lead and then all the buttons and functions worked.I'm pretty sure the problem was with the cable itself. Only problem now is that I have to have my cable twisted so its pointing out of the phone if you can picture that. Anyway hope this works for anybody having this problem.

iOS8-Beats Headphones Volume Control issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.