Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud will not update on Window 7 machine

For several months, iCloud updates will not install. I get a 2343 error on my Windows 7 machine. The iTunes updates work if I download and manually install. This is not the case with iCloud. I used the MS Fixit without success. Can someone assist?

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 11:02 AM

3 replies

May 26, 2015 8:28 PM in response to phillymcg76

You can find bunches of posts for 2343 errors. Lots of voodoo to fix them. Not clear any of it works. Most of it looks like more trouble than iCloud for Windows is worth.

I had one machine update fine. Other is throwing 2343 for update/repair/uninstall/new install. Only major difference I can think of is the problem machine has Office2016 preview including Outlook.

I have found using iCloud sync features for anything besides files to cause *epic* problems of hundreds of duplicate bookmarks, chaos in contacts and calendar, etc. So I have all that set off. Moving stuff to my Mac via sneakernet better than how that worked.

iCloud will not update on Window 7 machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.