Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 plus losing Wifi connection randomly?

It has happened a few times now where my iphone 6 plus just randomly drops out of a wifi network. And after that, nothing shows up in the network list while trying to log back in. Any help?

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 5:34 PM

5 replies

Oct 11, 2014 10:36 PM in response to chubbypillow

This issue is resolved for me. Apparently there is some kind of software glitch in the update.

To fix it:

1. Backup your iphone 6 via iTunes.
  2. Click on "restore iphone" in iTunes
  3. Follow directions to re-install the latest iphone update.
  4. Load recent backup into your iphone or just set up the iphone as new. Choice is yours!

Doing this will fix the random wifi drop issue and the issue of not detecting any wifi network. You're welcome!

Jun 19, 2015 8:56 AM in response to LeoLyon

Noticed the last few days my wifi was dropping or gone on my iPhone 6 all the time. Running ver 8.3- fairly new device. A search on the internet showed that this issue has been ongoing for close to 9 months in various forms. Numerous suggestions are out there. Mine appears to be running well now after-

resetting the network settings on my iPhone

changing the DNS in the phone for my wifi to 8.8.8.8

changing the "beacon interval" on my router from 100 to 1000

rebooting my router

i have no idea at this point which of these worked but somehow it was a combination of all of them for me. good luck and I hope that there can be a software fix that addresses these issues soon.

Iphone 6 plus losing Wifi connection randomly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.