Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus Stuck in Portrait Mode Only

Today, my iPhone 6 Plus stopped switching to landscape mode and only works in portrait. The glitch is even there when watching a video in, say, the CNN or IGN Apps.

I know the iPad has a switch to lock the screen rotation, but didn't think the phone had this?

Has anyone else had trouble with their new phone being stuck in portrait?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 7:38 PM

Rotation lock:

Pull up from the bottom of the screen to bring Control Centre up, the top right icon is to toggle Orientation lock ON/OFF

Also make sure Zoom is off.

10 replies

Sep 27, 2014 2:08 PM in response to Saan

For me, it was as simple as that lock button, which I'd not noticed before, but yes, a hard restart usually fixes most issues. I did a restart first, so it spooked me when even that didn't work; which is why I posted.

I've also downloaded 8.2 and feel that it has fixed a few bugs I'd noticed. love the phone too. My case finally came, it's the Griffin Reveal; picked it up from that big online retailer.

The Plus has had some tough press for some reason, but I love it!

Sep 28, 2014 3:42 AM in response to Ray G2

I've had my phone for about 4 days. It has lock on me several times and will not rotate. I had to use the portrait switch just to keep it in one place, if not I see everything upside down. Glad to se I'm not the only one with this problem. Going to try to contact Apple. Really starting to get annoying.

iPhone 6 Plus Stuck in Portrait Mode Only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.