Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iOS 8.0.2 not resolve the issue of WiFi connectivity with iOS 8 and the new iPhone 6?

My iPhone 6 is still randomly disconnecting from my home WiFi, even after the latest OS update. My spouse also has an iPhone 6 and has experienced no issues with WiFi connectivity. When I spoke with Apple earlier in the week, I was told that they were aware of this issue with iOS 8 and would be working on a solution that should be released in 24 hours. I have a $700+ phone that doesn't stay connected to WiFi. Ridiculous. Apple really needs to get it together. This is the worst OS release yet.

iPhone 6, iOS 8, WiFi

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 4:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 5:10 AM

me too, same problem with my iphone 5c

550 replies

Sep 26, 2014 6:30 PM in response to Jeep4Life

Apple we need help iOS 8.0.2 has not fixed our wifi connectivity issue, please advise. I have a iPhone 6 A1549 connecting to a Motorola SB5100 router with Comcast Internet service. Need a fix as im frustrated with everything I have done from a full factory reset to resetting router and network settings. The device connects for half an hour and then all I have is 1Mbps download speed if I'm lucky.

Sep 26, 2014 9:28 PM in response to Jeep4Life

I am using an iPhone 5 loaner as mine is in the shop. When they gave this to me, they had just upgraded it to IOS 8.02.

I came home and immediately couldn't log onto my home network because it won't accept the correct password. The word "JOIN" become blue in both places but I still get the incorrect password message. The other three iPhones in the house (none of which have IOS 8) connect immediately. I even tried changing the password, but that didn't work either. Got the same reaction with the word Join becoming blue.

My router has WPA2. I have unplugged/plugged in several times, I have reset my phone several times including resetting the network settings. I rebooted my computer a couple of times just to be sure.

I'll flip out if my repaired phone comes back w/IOS 8 on it if this is how it goes.

Judging from the postings, the problem seems to be spotty with the new iPh6, so is updating an iPh5 to IOS 8.02 more problematic?
I'm am beyond freaking out.

Sep 26, 2014 9:42 PM in response to Jeep4Life

I am so ******, was so happy to finally see 8.0.2 - and I updated my iPhone 5S only to find out the WiFi bug still persists.

Static IP vs DHCP > does nothing

Disabling WiFi in location services > does nothing

Disabling location services entirely > does nothing

I've supported Apple and gotten every single iPhone device since the 3G. iOS 8 is the biggest flop ever and its making me want to change from iPhone to Android.

Sep 26, 2014 9:50 PM in response to Jeep4Life

Same here.. My iphone 5s wifi does not working properl. It feels like sometime connected and sometime not, i have reseted the network setting, turned location service for wifi off and on. But there's nothing changed.

Battery and everything are just fine

Hope apple fix this soon because smartphone without connection is just not smart.

Why does iOS 8.0.2 not resolve the issue of WiFi connectivity with iOS 8 and the new iPhone 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.