Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've deleted almost everything but I have very little storage available

I'm wanting to update to iOS 8 on my iPhone 4s, but I do not have enough storage. I've deleted every app I could. I've deleted every picture and text, but it shows those two apps still account for 45.2 MB and 69.8 MB respectively. I've signed out of email, but it shows I have 59 MB on my phone even though I no emails on my phone. I've tried turning my phone off and back on, thinking things would show more realistically. I have almost nothing on my phone, but almost no storage available.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 7:54 AM

I'm having same problem on my iPhone 5. The latest update 8.0.2 won't download saying I don't have enough storage. That's first time that has happened. I deleted everything I felt was not needed and it doesn't seem like it really clears enough. I then increased iCloud as well but that did not work either and probably not worth the $0.99 a month charge. Hopefully someone on here will have an idea for us. : )

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2014 7:54 AM in response to jphandy

I'm having same problem on my iPhone 5. The latest update 8.0.2 won't download saying I don't have enough storage. That's first time that has happened. I deleted everything I felt was not needed and it doesn't seem like it really clears enough. I then increased iCloud as well but that did not work either and probably not worth the $0.99 a month charge. Hopefully someone on here will have an idea for us. : )

Sep 26, 2014 8:17 AM in response to pogster

Yes, trying to update over wifi so could try the connection to computer instead. I have a 13.2GB iPhone 5 and have never had issues with not enough space to download a software update. I heard from a friend with same iPhone that she had to delete practically everything to get the software to update and it did not take hardly any space compared to what it says is needed to update. Then she could put back prior apps, etc. That seems like a lot of extra hassle and potential to lose something for just a regular update from Apple. I think something is wrong with it.

Nov 28, 2014 10:37 PM in response to jphandy

In case anyone is dumb like me... i was having the same problem with iphone 5. I thought i'd deleted all my videos and photos, but they were still in the 'recently deleted' folder. Once you've deleted all your pics and vids, go to albums and you'll see the recently deleted folder. then you can go in and delete all and you will free up all the space.

I've deleted almost everything but I have very little storage available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.