Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar problems iOS8, on iPhone 6

Why can't I add anything to my calendar? All calendars are on and my entries will appear for a few seconds, then vanish.

Please help!

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 6:13 AM

7 replies

Sep 29, 2014 6:36 AM in response to Turlz

Hi Turlz,

It is not clear from your post whether the calendars you are using are iCloud calendars, using some other server or are local to your iPhone.

If the calendars are iCloud, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Calendar

If using another calendar service, use similar steps, in particular making sure that your Internet connection is active.

Next, if your issue is not resolved, quit and relaunch the Calendar application. This article tells you how to force an app to quit -

iOS: Force an app to close

Again, test. If the issue is not resolved, quit all other apps and test again, using the same procedure.

If still not resolved, turn your iPhone off and on again, testing afterwards. See this article -

Turn your iOS device off and on (restart) and reset

If the issue is not resolved, back up your iPhone's data and restore it as a new device. See this article -

iOS: How to back up your data and set up your device as a new device

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Oct 11, 2014 1:04 AM in response to Brett L

I Have the same problem and none of the remedies above work for me, I have also lost all of last years events that were important work stuff and now there all gone, piece of crap new calendar. I also got iphone 6 running latests iOS. I now have to resort to putting new events or appointmrnts in my notes so I don't loose them again. Piece o crap

K....

Oct 13, 2014 6:13 AM in response to Turlz

I had exactly the same problem. Stuff from the past would just disappear from my calendar and if I tried to put it back in, it would be there for a few seconds and then vanish. Realised the problem was in my settings.

Go to:

- Settings

- Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Scroll down to Calendars:

- Sync

- All events

This will put back in all the events that you have ever out into your phone (as long as it was synced with icloud).

Oct 24, 2014 5:10 AM in response to Brett L

My ical sync worked fine before ios 8 update. For years.

Now, no calendar changes migrate between my devices. These problems began with the ios 8 update.

I am using iMac w/Maverick, iPad 3 with ios 8.1, iPhone 5s with ios 8.1.

I have tried all of your suggestions. I have read all of the referenced (and also outdated) Apple support documents.

I have created a new Apple ID.

I have reset my devices.

I have restored my devices.

Apple needs to address this bug.

Nov 12, 2014 4:58 PM in response to jcollierkc

I was having the same issues but fixed it. I figured something out that may help everyone. I logged into icloud on my computer and everything was right there where it should be on my calendar, so I knew that the calendar items were still there, just not working on my iphone 6. Here's what I did to fix it:

On my iphone 6:

1. Go to settings >Mail, Contacts, Calendar

2. Click on FETCH NEW DATA

3. Select iCloud Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc. >select FETCH

4. At the bottom you can select how often to fetch new data.

5. I also selected push>on. Don't know if that has to be on, but I did it and now it works.

After that all the calendar entries were back on my iphone calendar.

Jan 6, 2015 4:30 PM in response to Turlz

I just got my iPhone 6 and couldn't add any new events to my calendar-- After I entered all the info and hit the "Add" button, the event would simply disappear, despite my phone being set to show all my calendars in settings. I solved the problem by going into "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" under Settings. Scroll down to the Calendar section and change the "Default Calendar." Mine was set to the Birthday calendar for any new events (so weird), but when I changed it to my own calendar, everything worked great and I could add new events on my phone!

Calendar problems iOS8, on iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.