Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 healthcare app

How do I get this app to keep track of the calories i've burned automatically? It is keeping track of my steps, but not the calories burned. I have another apple device with a fitness app that does this automatically, but not this iPhone 6 that I can tell. Thanks for your help.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 12:34 PM

I don't think the Health App will track calories automatically - but you say you have another app that will do that... which is where the data will come from!

However, right now, since Apple only just released iOS 8.0.2 with HealthKit support, and withheld updates to apps that will support HealthKit, then you'll have to wait for the updates to start rolling in.

we're now waiting on Apple to approve (and for developers to update) the updated apps that will integrate with Healthkit

so when those hit, you'll start seeing things happen in Health App.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2014 12:34 PM in response to tlamke

I don't think the Health App will track calories automatically - but you say you have another app that will do that... which is where the data will come from!

However, right now, since Apple only just released iOS 8.0.2 with HealthKit support, and withheld updates to apps that will support HealthKit, then you'll have to wait for the updates to start rolling in.

we're now waiting on Apple to approve (and for developers to update) the updated apps that will integrate with Healthkit

so when those hit, you'll start seeing things happen in Health App.

iPhone 6 healthcare app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.