Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you know if your keyboard is discoverable or not? and the led light does not blink.

My i Mac keyboard is not recognized by Apple Tv, Why?

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 11:56 AM

1 reply

Sep 29, 2014 12:02 PM in response to Mike Maltese

Hey Mike Maltese,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are having trouble with an Apple Wireless Keyboard connecting to the Apple TV. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help you resolve or isolate the issue.

Apple TV: Using the Apple Wireless Keyboard

Troubleshooting your keyboard

If you are unable to see your keyboard when you attempt to pair it with Apple TV, check that your keyboard is:

• Powered on and in range of your Apple TV
  • Set for discovery or pairing
    • A blinking LED indicates that the Apple Wireless Keyboard is in the discoverable mode. If you don't pair your keyboard with your Mac within three minutes, the indicator light and keyboard will turn off to preserve battery life. If this happens, press the On/Off switch to turn your keyboard on again.
    • When using third-party devices, check with the keyboard manufacturer for additional information.
  • Not paired or connected to another device

If your keyboard responds intermittently or cannot maintain a connection:

• Ensure that the keyboard has sufficient charge or fresh batteries
  • Check for nearby sources of interference, including other wireless devices, Bluetooth transmitters, and so on
  • Try unpairing and then repairing your keyboard with Apple TV

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

How do you know if your keyboard is discoverable or not? and the led light does not blink.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.