Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help to downgrade from my 20GB yearly storage plan to a free 5GB cloud plan

I have tried everything possible to downgrade from a paid version to a free one. But as the screen shots show, it let me select the free version but I can't save this option as the "Done" button is greyed off. If I select another paid plan like 20GB, the "Done" button is blue and active.

Anyone an idea how to execute the downgrade ?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 12:16 PM

7 replies

Apr 25, 2015 8:11 AM in response to Heiko90265

For the sake of other users with this problem (although I didn't have a yearly plan - it just seemed to be a rolling monthly payment) I'd like to confirm that it took a call to the support line to resolve this. The online support information simply tells you how to downgrade assuming that the done button is available to complete the downgrade so it's not at all helpful in resolving the issue for those experiencing the problem. The support agent resolved this at their end and I had to log out and in again to check that this had resulted in the required downgrade. The online support doesn't recognised the greyed out button as a common problem but I suspect it it. Also when I searched this forum for the problem 'icloud downgrade problems' it said there were no existing articles. This really makes it difficult for people to find the resoluton to their problem. My resolution was to get the support line to contact me. Hope this helps other users with the same problem.

Need help to downgrade from my 20GB yearly storage plan to a free 5GB cloud plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.