Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8 Apple TV Skipping

I am using an IPad Air and IPhone 6 to stream music to the latest generation Apple TV. (All devices have latest OS updates)

I have both bluetooth and wifi turned on so I assume peer-to-peer Airplay is functioning.

Music streaming works, but songs very frequently "stutter" when first playing. By stutter, I mean

that the first few seconds of each song starts playing, then a short pause, and the song starts

playing from the beginning. It happens on 75% of songs I have played so far. The Ipad/Iphone are

about 20 feet from the Apple TV. Anyone else have this issue with IOS8 and if so can you suggest a fix?

Only other aspect that I can think of is that the router is close (5 feet) to the Apple TV. Could

this be WIFI congestion because of interference between point-to-point wifi and the router traffic?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 11:53 PM

I had the same problem or something very similar. I seem to have resolved the problem, by going into the Apple TV to settings-> AirPlay and turning setting 'play from itunes in the cloud' to off.

this was a very annoying setting. Hope it solves your AirPlay problems.

3 replies

IOS 8 Apple TV Skipping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.