Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 with iOS 8.0.2 - still no service

Yesterday i updated my iPad 2 with iOS 8.0.2. Today the same bug: no service after a couple of hours. Its not a good user experience if you are on the way or in a meeting with a customer and you can't use internet because of no service.

Apple has released iOS 8 with support for the good old iPad 2, but seems not interested in fixing this bug. Its a shame. Over years i'am a satisfied customer of Apple products, but in last time i am not very satisfied. Apple has to confirm and to fix this bug. On my bug report in Apple Bug Reporter still no reaction.

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 2:41 PM

71 replies

Sep 28, 2014 6:26 PM in response to christian_HB

I agree totally. I just wish I could return to ioS 7. Please Apple, give us a way to go back to the working ioS 7 system. You gave us no warning that ioS 8 was not suitable for Ipad 2. Now the Ipad system that I sang praises about to all my friends as the best thing I ever bought, has faded away... All because of a dysfunctional software update (grrrr). Is Apple even listening? Do they hear our pain?

Sep 29, 2014 6:03 AM in response to christian_HB

I may have stumbled across a fix which has worked for my iPad 2 suffering the same issue. Go to settings>icloud, the tap on your account name. As soon as you do you will find the missing carrier cellular setting comes back and the service status changes from no service to your provider. You will find you have been logged out of your Apple account, log back in and cellular data is restored. I have a 2011 iPad 2 with an Australain carrier. This has worked for me the last few times, as I too was having to reboot to restore connection.

Sep 29, 2014 6:18 AM in response to christian_HB

Oh I totally agree that this bug needs to be fixed, but it saves time and effort from rebooting. Ios 7 only became enjoyable for iPad2 when 7.1 was released many months later. Let's hope we do not have to wait so long for 8.1 and it is designed for greater efficiency on older devices. I am most dissappointed that a major software release could be so half baked.

iPad 2 with iOS 8.0.2 - still no service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.