Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

good software to create documents

Can anybody tell me what is the best document creator for a macbook pro is please like Windows is for microsoft.

not sure which one for macbook as when i had the iPad, bought this macbook yesterday, i had pages, dos to go and write, they all did their own thing and then one would do something the other didn't etc.. i do not even know how to transfer docs to go documents to this ne macbook so will have to start all over again.

Many thanks x 😕

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 1:45 PM

If you are looking for an alternative to Pages, 2 possibilities are Microsoft Office for Mac http://www.microsoft.com/mac or LibreOffice which is free, very capable and quite compatible with Microsoft Office files http://www.libreoffice.org

14 replies

Sep 26, 2014 1:58 PM in response to dominic23

Hi

Thank you very much fox and dominic. I have word for mac on the other macbook but was told that if i had word for the mac then a virus could get downloaded onto a mac wheres if i didn't it would be safe from viruses, would like that, but i already have documents in the docs to go for the iPad and would like to if i can manage to get them onto this macbook if possible.

Many thanks

best regards

Tracey xx 🙂

Sep 27, 2014 12:00 PM in response to Csound1

hi

Sorry but just thought about the dtg but i didn't sync it to a pc as i got rid of my windows laptop when we got the 17" macbook and i had my iPad so never thought i would want another macbook, two in house, but i wanted to be able to do more than the iPad could, so i never synced it to any pc for the docs to go, and i cannot find dtg for macbook, of there is one. There are documents on the iPad which i really want to keep as they are regarding my father who has passed away, i made the funeral service books on it and wrote a poem with a eulogy which i read at the service, so as you can see it is very important to me.

Is the only way to do it by syncing it to a word pc as you said earlier.

Many thanks sweet x

good software to create documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.