Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can my icloud be full when i don't have anything but photostream and backup

I only have the free 5 GB for icloud and it says that the storage is nearly full! What would cause it to be full when I don't have any docs stored there- only photostream which I thought was not counted in the cloud storage

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 2:11 PM

12 replies

Sep 26, 2014 2:16 PM in response to tinastor

You can check here:
Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage

iCloud backs up the Photos stored on your device. If you have a lot of photos this could cause your backup to be pretty large.

Here’s what iCloud backs up:

• Purchase history for music, movies, TV shows, apps, and booksYour iCloud backup includes information about the content you have purchased, but not the purchased content itself. When you restore from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. Some types of content aren’t downloaded automatically in all countries, and previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the store. For more information, see the Apple Support article iTunes in the Cloud availability by country. Some types of content aren’t available in all countries. For more information, see the Apple Support article Which types of items can I buy in my country?.
  • Photos and videos in your Camera Roll
  • Device settings
  • App data
  • Home screen and app organization
  • iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages
  • Ringtones
  • Visual Voicemail

Your iOS device backup only includes data and settings stored on your device. It doesn’t include data already stored in iCloud, for example contacts, calendars, bookmarks, mail messages, notes, shared photo streams, My Photo Stream, and documents you save in iCloud using iOS apps and Mac apps.

By selecting the device backup (in Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage) you can see how much each item in your backup is using.

how can my icloud be full when i don't have anything but photostream and backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.