Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification bar freezes

i have been having some issues to dismiss the notification bar that appears on the top of the screen. I used to dismiss it by swiping it up. After I upgraded to iOS 8, my gesture doesn't work when I'm using some app like Facebook and get a notification from another app like Whatsapp. I swipe up and the notification freezes and won't go away until I press the home button, wich weirdly makes the notification go away but won't bring me back from the app to the home screen. This is really annoying.

I am using iPhone 5S.

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 6:18 PM

2 replies

May 5, 2015 8:58 AM in response to nanoush

I also had this problem when I updated my 2day old iPhone 6 to IOS 8. But my wife noticed that when the notification bar got stuck, the screen was zoommed in. I told her I set the display to zoomed. So when we switched back to the standard display mode IT GOT FIXED! Now whether I use zoomed or standard display, the notifications bar is normal, I can swipe it back up. It worked for my phone and hope it helps everyone else's!

Notification bar freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.