Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having issue with Bluetooth car connection? iPhone 6 will not connect. No problem with 5S or 4S. Any ideas?

Can't connect Bluetooth to car. Audio will play music ever but will not send and receive calls. are there any fixes coming?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 6:21 PM

14 replies

Oct 30, 2017 4:33 AM in response to Purcell8

I had the same issue with the phone connecting to dial and disconnecting when actually dialing and during the call. My problem was resolved when I went into Settings >General > Accessibility and choosing “Bluetooth” in “Call routing” instead of “Automatic”. That solved my problem instantly and I have the ease, comfort and relief of talking handsfree in my vehicle again. I hope this helps someone.

Sep 27, 2014 5:21 PM in response to Purcell8

I have the same problem after updating my iPhone 6 to 8.02. It was working perfectly in my 2014 Lexus until the update. Bluetooth connects, contacts download and I can start a call - at least that's what the screen says. Then it just hangs silently. The audio portion never transfers. The call doesn't go through unless I transfer it off car media back to phone. Tried resets, reboots, delete user etc. No avail.

Sep 27, 2014 5:34 PM in response to Purcell8

HI All,

I am using Iphone 6+ and I am having trouble placing calls using voicecalling function whether with Siri or just the normal voicecalling functions. It all works up to the part after it says you are calling the person then the phone disconnects. It disconnects from the car's bluetooth and then hangs up the phone without placing the call.

Voice call function and Hey Siri calling function works out of the car.

Siri Voice call function used to work with my car using the ios7 so I think they have changed the programming somehow.

Oct 1, 2014 7:18 PM in response to Bochum1811

Here is an update. iPhone 6 with 8.02 has been working flawlessly since Sunday. Don't know what voodoo fixed it. All I did that I had not tried was to turn off BT and turn off (not reset) iPhone. Then turn it all back on and connect in car. Did same with my wife's 2014 MBZ. She had the same problems - iPhone 6, 8.02 installed, no connection. It also worked at first but has been inconsistent the last day or so. She can make calls but not receive them. Calls ring on the car's audio but she can't connect to answer.

Oct 3, 2014 2:58 PM in response to Purcell8

I have a 2012 BMW 535 and have the iPhone 6. I am running iOS 8.0.2. I can pair the car and the phone and sometimes it will be connected and work through the car and other times not at all. But every call (even if it works for a few seconds) drops after only a few seconds. I have reset the phone, "forgotten" the device, removed the phone from the car altogether and reinstalled iOS8 and started all again and other various combinations of fixes. Nothing has worked. My old iPhone 5s that I use on another line also using iOS8 still connects to that same car and works fine, music and calls!

I called BMW and they said they are working on an update as they said they have had a lot of complaints, but think it has something to do with the hardware and new architecture of the iPhone 6 and +. I've also heard Apple is meant to address this with 8.2. In the meantime, I have no car phone to use. I am a realtor, so now my drive time is useless!

HELP! Any suggestions?

Oct 12, 2014 12:25 PM in response to Purcell8

I have a prius 2010. I have had many iPhones and they have all connected flawlessly. With the iPhone 6 I get a connection and it drops regularly. Now I can't get a connection at all. I am forever pulling over to delete the phone and re connect it. I went to Toyota and they said this has happened to many others with the new phone. There is nothing they can do to the car, it is an Apple issue. I read on one of the blogs to change the code, I did... no good results. I have deleted the phone from my car and re added it... nothing. APPLE please fix this! It has been way too long already! I did not have this problem with the the iPhone 5 with the ios8. Forget "Hey Siri", that crashes the whole phone when it is in the car. These phones are causing too much of a distraction in the car. This is going to cause accidents! Apple is supposed to be easing our lives for the fortune we pay for their products. This is too long to not use my phone for all the long distance driving I am doing. Fix this ASAP!!!!!!!

Having issue with Bluetooth car connection? iPhone 6 will not connect. No problem with 5S or 4S. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.