Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 plus reboots by itself and turns back on in 5 secs. Help

My iphone 6 plus is running the newest iOS 8 update and it kept rebooting by itself and turned back on 5 secs later. Thanks guys!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 12:03 AM

6 replies

Oct 5, 2014 9:43 AM in response to iAznPandaVn

Same reboot nightmare here. Two brand new iPhones 6 (128GB). First iPhone works without any problem (for 5 days now). Second iPhone reboots 20+ times per day. During a phone call, when you press the Home button, or even when doing nothing at all. Sometimes it loses WiFi connection and then freezes and crashes (blue screen). Both iPhones are running 8.0.2. We have a Genius Bar appointment on next Wednesday. Very frustrating situation.

Jan 30, 2015 9:21 PM in response to Ethan Yoo

Anyone experiencing issues with repetitive power cycling the usual best course of action in terms of troubleshooting is to get the device and back up to iCloud/iTunes or both and perform a software restore on it. If the issue continues after that we can conclude that may be hardware related and will require a replacement device which would be provided by the Apple Store assuming you have no damage that would otherwise void your warranty.

Use this link for assistance on the restore:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Best of luck 🙂

Jul 29, 2015 10:50 AM in response to iAznPandaVn

I have a new iPhone 6 plus running IOS 8.4. I turn it off at night by holding the right button and then sliding to turn it off when prompted to do so. Two days in a row, when I start it in the morning, it's already running. I see so many reports of this behavior that it must either be an app preventing the phone from actually going off or a bug in IOS. I'm careful to close apps after I finish with them so the only app I know is running is Avira antivirus. I don't want to have to reset to factory settings. There must be another solution. Right now, I'm charging the phone. I turned it off before starting that. Just now, I pressed the right button to check the charge, and the phone was already running.

Aug 19, 2015 7:24 AM in response to stevegoldfield

My post from this morning...

"Greetings, all!

I purchased a brand new iPhone 6 Plus 10 days ago, through AT&T...for the first 9 days, everything worked great, however, the last 24 hours my phone will get a blue screen, followed by a reboot. This happens at any time, regardless of what function I happen to be doing...whether idle, asleep, whilst on a phone call, texting, using apps, etc. I am running iOS 8.4.1, with the carrier version of 20.0 through AT&T. According to AT&T, their customer "service" (I use that term loosely) claims they have never heard of an iPhone automatically rebooting itself. I have uninstalled all apps I have downloaded, performed soft AND hard resets, to no avail.

Looking into the diagnostic logs, I have found a suspicious entry: "amcc data ram single-bit ecc error". I am beginning to suspect a hardware failure at this point.
I have been trying to install the down-rev iOS version 8.4, albeit unsuccessfully. The automatic reboot occurs in airplane mode, with Wi-Fi both on and off, as well as with Bluetooth cycled on/off.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue lately? I am trying to determine if it is a hardware failure, an iOS 8.4.1 issue, or if the AT&T
carrier software is the culprit."

Turns out, this is a hardware issue, and cannot be fixed...

Iphone 6 plus reboots by itself and turns back on in 5 secs. Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.