Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 and UConnect problems

Since upgrading my iPhone 4S to iOS8 it hasn't connected properly to my UConnect car stereo through USB. It will play music but never updates the catalog so will not allow me to play podcasts or audiobooks. It also will not allow the phone to play through Bluetooth if it is connected by USB. Is there any way to correct this? I've looked online and all I've found is that the new OS is incompatible with many car stereos and the only fix (which is gone now) was to downgrade back to iOS 7.1.2.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8, Car Stereo

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 9:27 PM

43 replies

Oct 21, 2014 12:59 PM in response to LastKnight55

bump this thread....

same issue here, never builds my catalog so i have a MASSIVE list of song names, which is off by 1-3 tracks (doesnt play the one selected but goes 1-3 farther down the list). Can't go to playlists or anything. It is essentially completely useless..... The entire reason i bought the upgraded sound system is useless

It worked when i got the iphone 6 with ios8 but I'm 99% sure it was the first patch to the OS that broke it.... ios 8.0.1 or whatever is when it stopped working

Oct 27, 2014 5:31 PM in response to LastKnight55

same issue as well, upgraded uconnect to 55.00.07 version and did not fix, removed from paired devices as some have claimed this corrected. version 8.0.2 and 8.1 have not corrected. I dont see an actual appcrash in the diagnostics, it just fails to index.. I've found if I start a playlist on the phone while connected and turn off the radio then back on, it begins playback but otherwise only thru bluetooth can I get consistent results. I'm not sure if it's simply the metadata doesn't upload correctly to index correctly or what, but it has taken all the fun out of a new OS.

Dec 15, 2014 5:49 PM in response to LastKnight55

Just spoke with UConnect and they said they do not have a upgrade to fix the iPod problems with iOS 8 on iPhones. Since the iOS upgrade we have lost all the functions of the iPod features between phone and UConnect. The playlist load sometimes and if so the play in alphabetical order and you have to use the controls off of the iPhone to listen to music. They also said that the cell phone carriers have to be involved in updates. Has anyone realized that they have basically took away the hands free option to listen to your music?? We also lost a main feature of UConnect?? Myself being very tech savvy I have tried every option:

Reset pairing = Nothing

Software update = Nothing

Call to UConnect = Nothing

Change settings on UConnect = Nothing

Update UConnect Software = Nothing

Glad UConnect can tell me also that they have no idea when and if a solution is near. Apple , UConnect, Cell Providers, time to get your **** together

Jan 4, 2015 7:56 AM in response to LastKnight55

Add me to the list. I have the exact issues as everyone else. The songs are a few tracks off when I listen. It won't index the ipod, etc. There's no way it's getting fixed imo because everyone will point the finger at everyone else. Apple will tell you it's UConnect, UConnect tells you it's Apple and/or the carriers. And the carriers are beyond clueless and uninterested in helping.

iOS 8 and UConnect problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.