Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I import my iPhoto library to new iPhoto App?

Recently l had to wipe my macbook pro. I had to download the new iPhoto app and now l have to

import all the photo originals from either time machine or from the laptops own hard drive. 125Gb of photos.

Please help...

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 1:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 10:59 AM

No you don't have to import anything.

You simply restore the iPhoto Library from your back up and then open it.

You mention Time Machine:

iPhoto '11: Restoring from Time Machine with iPhoto '11 (9.2 or later) and OS X Lion 10.7.2 (or later)

5 replies

Oct 4, 2014 1:51 AM in response to Old Toad

Thank you for both your answers they were helpful although l couldn't see your Toad. it looked like this.User uploaded file

So l didn't use TM to restore instead l drag in from my EHD which has worked. BUT part way through doing this it said l hadn't enough space left on my IHD. I thought how is this possible when l haven't brought new photos in only old/current ones.

My Apple storage is saying l have 227GB of "other" being stored which l have never seen before - what is 'other'? any ideas?

BTW this is after Apple replaced my logic board with 'another' one just a few weeks ago. All very odd.

How do I import my iPhoto library to new iPhoto App?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.