Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.0.2 still can't bring my cellular connectivity come back

Hello I'm iPhone 5s users I updated my iOS to 8.0.2 because when I used iOS 8 my iPhone couldnt get the cellular connectivity. but after I installed it the cellular connectivity still doesnt work. so i have no idea what should i do now

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 5:47 AM

2 replies

Sep 30, 2014 6:03 AM in response to ashri36

Hello there ashri39,

It sounds like you have installed iOS 8.0.2 but it did not restore cellular connection to your service. I would recommend these steps in order from top to bottom, from the follownig article:

If you see 'No SIM' alert on iPhone

1. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  2. Turn airplane mode on and then off again.
  3. Restart your iPhone.
  4. Check for a carrier settings update. Go to Settings > General > About. Install any available update.
  5. Remove the SIM card and make sure that it's a valid SIM that your carrier provided. Also make sure that it's not damaged, worn, or modified. Then reinsert it.
    A SIM tray that comes with one iPhone model won't necessarily work with a different iPhone model. When you insert the correct SIM tray, the SIM tray should be flush with the device.
  6. If you have another SIM card, insert it. You can use a SIM card from any phone with the same format as your iPhone SIM card. If your iPhone works with that SIM card, contact the carrier that issued your original SIM card.
  7. Restore the iPhone.

If you still see the issue, contact Apple support.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Oct 3, 2014 9:36 PM in response to sterling r

None of these worked, the phone worked fine at 8.0.1. Upgraded to .2 as we'd heard there was problems with .1 and then the LTE service dropped to 4g, out Iphone 5 with .2 works fine but the 6 plus is not working. correctly. It sticks to 4g and drops in and out of service frequently. I'm not going to reset to factory settings as the latest backup for the phone was when we got it (2 days ago) and I really hate to lost all the stuff we done to it.

until I know that a full factory reset will actually fix it, I'm not going to do it. Apple needs to fix this now, it's bee an issue for a few days according to what I'm seeing on the forums.

iOS 8.0.2 still can't bring my cellular connectivity come back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.