Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ABC and Disney apps no longer working

I have a 3rd generation ATV with the latest software on it (7.0 - 6897.5). I am signed into the ABC and Disney apps using Optimum out of NYC. No matter what video I try to watch, I continually get "An error occurred loading this content. Try again later." I am able to browse all the available content, and get through to each one and press play before getting the error. I've done all sorts of combination attempts to fix, such as replacing the HDMI cables, rebooting, restoring the ATV to factory settings, signing out and back in, and it still fails. Other apps do not, so this is specific to ABC and Disney. I wrote to ABC just now and asked them if there is a problem but not expecting an answer from them.

Has anyone else run into this and has a resolution other than powering on/off or signing out/in?

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 6:07 AM

2 replies

Sep 30, 2014 6:18 AM in response to acurrier

Hi acurrier,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you have already done some great troubleshooting already on your Apple TV. The information in the article below explains several of the steps you have already completed, including restarting the Apple TV and contacting the content provider. I would recommend reading over this section and making sure that all relevant steps have been completed.

Apple TV: Troubleshooting third-party content providers

If you have playback issues with a content provider's services

In most cases, you can isolate playback issues to your home network, your broadband connection, or a possible outage with a content provider. To see if your issue is affecting multiple services or a specific content provider, try another service. For example, play a movie trailer from the main menu.

• If the issue is affecting multiple services on your Apple TV, see how to troubleshoot playback performance.
  • If the issue is affecting a single content provider on your Apple TV, restart your Apple TV by going to Settings > General > Restart. If the issue continues, you might need to contact the content provider.

Have a great day,

Joe

ABC and Disney apps no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.