Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s doesn't ring after IOS 8.0.2 update

IPhone 5s doesn't ring after IOS 8.0.2 update? That is, after muting the phone at night, then unmuting it in the morning. It won't even show an incoming call.

It worked fine after the flawed 8.0.1 update.

However, now, if you go in and change the ring type - Then it WILL ring and answer calls? But before doing that, it won't even show an incoming call.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 8:07 AM

29 replies

Oct 6, 2014 9:19 AM in response to Christohpe Kilroy

Sorry, but iOS 8.0.2 is not "extremely buggy" - my phone is ringing just fine. You've checked to see that Do Not Disturb is not on? Sometimes updating somehow turns it on for some reason (I've seen it happen). Here is another unusal place to look that one poster reported: Settings > General > Accessibility > Physical & Motor section > Incoming Calls > check to see it's not set to headset.

Oct 6, 2014 10:09 AM in response to AmishCake

Not trying to get in internet argument but here is the list of features that iOS 8.0.2 disabled from my perfectly functioning 8.0 running device is pretty systemic and fundamental to the entire purpose of the device.

• No incoming voice calls (this thread)
  • Safari app crashes on launch
  • Mail app crashes on launch
  • Phone screen is black when you launch Phone app to place call, no ability to see keypad
  • Calendar icon does not display date
  • Bluetooth connectivity extremely flaky with car audio system. USB connectivity not much better.

All worked flawlessly in iOS 8.0 and 7.1.2 prior.

So aside from the phone, the email, the calendar, the web browsing, and the audio features, my iPhone is working flawlessly with iOS 8.0.2. It is a rock solid mobile operating system.

It's a joke that i've had to use Google (Voice, Chrome) and Microsoft (Outlook Web App) apps to address core functionality.

Oct 21, 2014 6:00 PM in response to mosulliv

mosulliv, I really thought you were onto something that would help me to fix the ringer on my iPhone 5S. But alas, no matter how clever it was, it didn't get my ringer to come back to my iPhone. Ironic that I own a phone that won't ring. Has anyone heard about a new update that's coming soon to fix this problem? Also, has anyone else had a problem with their calendar not working? I really rely on the calendar. I may as well shoot myself in the foot if both the ringer and the calendar go out on me. Has anyone found another way to get the ringer back on their iPhone that isn't listed here? Thanks.

C

Iphone 5s doesn't ring after IOS 8.0.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.