Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect to uconnect or Bluetooth iOS 8

I have an iPhone 6+ & drive a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I, too am having issues connecting & have tried every 'reset' with no success. I' we done a reset of the phone , erased from uconnect. The phone initially pairs but when you use the phone it is silent & nothing going thru vehicle speakers. After pairing the phone, it says'connected' but then a message comes up on the screen & says 'Connection Unsuccessful. Make sure uconnect is turned on & in range. OK'

Any thoughts? Spoke with Jeep & they say it's the iPhone & IOS8. I've tried over & over to connect witu no luck. seems too many vehicles of different brands having same issues & i iOS 8 & not our cars!

Posted on Sep 27, 2014 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 9:36 PM

I have a 2012 Mazda 3 MPS (Mazda Speed 3 in some markets) and I have the iPhone 6 with iOS8.2 update. I'm having the same issue. I have tried resetting everything, hard booting the phone and un pairing the phone from the car. I've called the Apple help line 3 times and been to an Apple Store. The phone is functioning correctly. I have been to Mazda Australia and explained the situation and they advised that it is an Apple issue and they have no fix at this point. Phone is perfectly OK until I'm in the car. It seems to then simply be a nice new iPod while in the car. It's very frustrating, especially when you drive a lot, like I do. If you come up with a solution, please let me know.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2014 9:36 PM in response to Wahinijo

I have a 2012 Mazda 3 MPS (Mazda Speed 3 in some markets) and I have the iPhone 6 with iOS8.2 update. I'm having the same issue. I have tried resetting everything, hard booting the phone and un pairing the phone from the car. I've called the Apple help line 3 times and been to an Apple Store. The phone is functioning correctly. I have been to Mazda Australia and explained the situation and they advised that it is an Apple issue and they have no fix at this point. Phone is perfectly OK until I'm in the car. It seems to then simply be a nice new iPod while in the car. It's very frustrating, especially when you drive a lot, like I do. If you come up with a solution, please let me know.

Oct 11, 2014 6:57 PM in response to Wahinijo

Both my wife and I were having the same issues, This is how if fixed it.

Solution.

1. Remove any instances of the phone from your UCONNECT Stereo. Setup - Phone Pairing - Delete.

2. On your iPhone iOS 8 forget the UCONNECT device from your blue tooth list under settings by selecting the ℹ button beside it and select "Forget this device" (Note that blue tooth needs to be switched on to see this list)

3. Go to Settings - General - Reset on your phone and select Reset Network Settings. Confirm and let your phone restart.

4. Restart the pairing process and cross your figures.

Hope this helps!

Unable to connect to uconnect or Bluetooth iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.